Team Coordinator - Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
Title: Team Coordinator - Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
Location: Haywards Heath, UK
Contract: This is a Part-Time (17 hours per week) - Permanent
Salary: £21,801 Pro-Rata Per Annum
Sightsavers has a great opportunity within its expanding and dynamic MEL team for someone who wants to belong to an innovative and progressive organisation addressing major global challenges.
The post holder will provide administrative and coordination assistance to ensure the smooth operation of the MEL Team. This will include providing crucial support to deliver key MEL functions across our portfolio of projects in Asia and Africa such as coordinating, planning and scheduling events, processes and travel. This role will involve collaboration with staff based in Haywards heath, particularly in the Planning, Performance and Reporting Team, and with staff in Country Offices across the globe.
Administrative and Co-ordination Support
- Provide administrative and co-ordination support
- Develop, maintain and review administrative systems
- Support invoicing and expense claim processes.
- Support staff travel arrangements as appropriate
Project Reporting and Evaluations
- Support scheduling of quaterly project oversight meetings
- Support the commissioning of evaluations through developing and monitoring work plans
- Support organisation of MEL events and workshops in the UK and overseas
Cross Organisational Working
- Work with relevant teams across Sightsavers, including regional teams and Country Offices to make a broad, active and constructive contribution to the overall strategic direction of the MEL team.
Knowledge (Education and related experience)
- Educated to A-Level Standard or equivalent.
- Substantial administration experience.
Skills (Special training and competences)
- Strong organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- Numerate with the ability to work confidently in Excel
- Strong ICT skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Note-taking and editing skills
- A commitment to Sightsavers’ values and an understanding of equality of opportunity for marginalised groups
- Knowledge of languages other than English (desirable but not essential)
Closing date: 9th June 2019
Interviews to be held: Week Commencing 24th June 2019