Development Manager: Job Description
Main purpose of the job
- Increase membership and raise the charity’s profile.
- Prepare and maintain a 3-year Strategic Plan with the Chair.
- Prepare and discuss budgets relating to training courses and conferences and costs of other charitable activities as detailed within the Strategic Plan with the Treasurer.
- Prepare and present to the board at meetings relating to the Strategic Plan and provide financial reports, including the results of activities of the previous and budgets for the upcoming period.
- Consider membership benefits and oversee training, conferences, newsletters etc
- Liaising with the Secretary, maintain accurate and up-to-date membership records, issue renewal notices and record fees.
- Provide the Secretary with all invoices / receipts / financial record paperwork received and arrange payments to creditors.
- Oversee the collection of all funds payable to the charity for sponsorship, training, conference and other income promptly.
- Oversee maintenance of the charity’s website and other social media postings.
- Be the primary point of contact for members
- Consider collaborations and maintain professional relationships.
- Maintain petty cash record and present to the Chair / Treasurer for approval by email.
- Ensure GDPR and other regulatory matters affecting the membership database management.