Ref code: COL-191
Are you a proactive, creative and collaborative individual with proven marketing and communication skills? Do you thrive in busy environments and enjoy working with a diverse range of people? St Giles Trust are looking for a Communications Officer who will play an important role in delivering a wide portfolio of communication activities across the organisation, including securing key media coverage for our work, implementing campaigns, and creating engaging content to use on our channels.
About St Giles Trust
An ambitious, well-established charity that helps people facing adversity to find jobs, homes and the right support they need. Central to our ethos is our belief that people with first-hand experience of successfully overcoming issues such as an offending background, homelessness, addictions and gang involvement, hold the key to positive change in others.
About this key role
You will focus on helping to identify and develop communications activity around St Giles Trust’s work and concerns, support the response to communications requests and assist with creating and implementing campaigns and launches for a wide range of purposes. You will also be expected to write copy for a range of audiences, including traditional media, digital platforms, St Giles Trust publications and any other relevant content, plus offer vital support with fielding, prioritising and responding to media enquiries.
Working with journalists and colleagues across the charity to help communicate a wide area of work is an essential aspect of this role as is supporting branding implementation, public affairs activity and helping to maintain and update online platforms.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience of working in a communications function such as a press office, as a journalist and/or in a public relations capacity
- Experience of copy writing, editing and proof reading, with the ability to write in an engaging manner for a wide range of audiences with close attention to detail
- Solid IT skills, with experience of using MS Office and social media platforms on a range of devices
- A good eye for design and the ability to ensure all designs are kept within agreed branding guidelines
- Excellent interpersonal, prioritisation and time-management skills
In return, you can expect a competitive salary, generous leave allowance, staff pension, flexible working, a mentoring programme, an advice and counselling service, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan and much more.
Closing date: 11pm, 19th May 2019. Interviews: w/c 27th May.