Trusts and Foundations Manager
Book Aid International is the UK’s leading international book donation and library development charity.
We now have an outstanding opportunity for a Trusts and Foundations Manager to join our mission to bring the gift of reading to millions of people worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced trust fundraising professional who can lead and manage, with passion and confidence, the growth and development of Book Aid International’s trusts and foundations income. The Trusts and Foundations Manager will be able to articulate the charity’s work to trusts, foundations and other grant makers to secure annual and multi-year grants to fund our programmes.
Working alongside the Head of Development and very closely with the Head of Programmes, the Trusts and Foundations Manger will have the ambition to grow Book Aid International’s income and the skills to help develop and implement Book Aid International’s strategy for programme fundraising.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience and success of securing large grants, excellent communication skills and the ability to think strategically and creatively. The ability to work independently to tight critical deadlines is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to work for an established and highly regarded charity in the international literacy/ education sector.
The post holder will:
- Help develop and implement Book Aid International’s strategy for fundraising from major trusts and foundations
- Coordinate and write high-quality, innovative and persuasive project funding proposals and reports in accordance with deadlines and application criteria as specified by funders
- Generate income from trusts and foundations new to Book Aid International, and maintain warm relationships with current trust funders
- Manage the allocation of restricted funding from trusts and foundations in Book Aid International’s financial systems
- Network across all available channels to research and identify new opportunities for funding from trusts and foundations
- Contribute to the overall aims of the Fundraising Team, supporting other team members in elements of their work.
- A minimum of two years’ experience of fundraising from trusts and foundations
- Demonstrable success of securing five figure grants
- Experience of creative proposal writing combined with the ability to demonstrate clear outcomes and impact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with excellent copy writing and proof-reading ability
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to think strategically in relation to fundraising and the Trusts and Foundations universe
- Experience of preparing, controlling and presenting budgets and working knowledge of charitable financial accounts
- Ability to represent Book Aid International externally
- Sound understanding of international development issues
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel, and databases (Raiser’s Edge in particular)
- Ability to manage own workload and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with others and in a team
- Knowledge or experience of project development tools such as log-frames, and project cycle management
- Knowledge, understanding and interest in social, political and economic issues relating to development and Book Aid International’s programmes and partners, in particular those affecting education, information provision and literacy
- Ambition to grow Book Aid International’s income from trusts and foundations
- Ability to think creatively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent team player
Please express your interest in this role by submitting your CV by 11.59pm on Tuesday 21 May 2019. We will then be inviting successful candidates to complete a job application. Due to the number of CVs we expect to receive, we will only be able to respond to those candidates we would like to take forward.