Overnight Experiences Host
ZSL is recruiting for an Overnight Experiences team who will be responsible for presenting the talks, tours and activities on our overnight experiences, in particular, the Gir Lion Lodges and BedBUGS.
Position: LZ Overnight Experiences Host
Contract: 6 Months Seasonal / Various Hours
Salary: £13.80 per hour (Inclusive of London Weighting) plus £65 responsibility allowance
Location: ZSL London Zoo – NW1
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
They will ensure the safety and comfort of guests throughout the experience whilst endeavouring to go above and beyond to ensure guests have a fantastic experience. This is a once in a lifetime 5* experience for guests and an exciting way to engage with people about ZSL. We are looking for a team that are passionate about wildlife and engaging with people about our work and mission.
You will receive full support to learn new material and develop your hosting style. Experience of working with children is essential and experience of presenting to large groups is advantageous.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome guests, and create a safe, relaxed and fun environment.
- Entertain and engage guests with animal talks, tours and activities around the zoo.
- Co-ordinate and serve guests with welcome drinks and drinks at the end of the evening. Support the restaurant staff with Front of House requirements if needed during dinner and breakfast.
- Be the first point of call for any guest issues i.e. late comers, complaints etc. Oversee and resolve, liaise with other ZSL staff if needed.
- Ensure the talks, tours and activities are exciting and engaging, help deliver the experience effectively to a high standard in order to achieve the educational and visitor enjoyment targets set by ZSL.
- Experience or study of a relevant subject an advantage
- Experience of working with children in an informal learning environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of delivering informal learning events in an attraction setting
- Knowledge and understanding of delivery of excellent customer service
- Educated to degree level or able to demonstrate equivalent critical skills based on experience
The team will be required to work evening shifts from 4pm – 10pm, morning shifts 7am – 10.30am and also overnight shifts working both evening and mornings.
The post holder will also be required to work regular night shifts, bank holidays and weekends therefore, flexibility is essential.
Please specify in your application the hours you are looking to work.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Thursday 9th May 2019.
Interviews will be conducted on the week commencing the 13th May 2019.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button. You will be directed to our website to download the job description and complete the online application process.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
ZSL kindly requests no contact from agencies or media sales please regarding this position.