Location: Private site collections throughout Greater London and outskirts & 1 morning per week reporting to our client's Head Office Dalston, Hackney
Reports To: Community & Events Fundraising Manager
Hourly rate: £8.21
Contract: Part time, 6 months (with the possibility to extend), 14-21 hours per week with flexible shift patterns
If you are looking to kick-start a career in the charity sector or are a more experienced applicant looking for flexible working, then this could be the role for you!
Due to the nature of the Society’s work, the successful candidate will also be required to hold a current and acceptable enhanced DBS check, or be willing to undertake one.
Closing date: Friday 24th May, 5pm
The Society is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, all posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check from the Disclosure and Barring Service and 2 satisfactory professional references.
Collection based fundraising is at the very heart of how they raise money. The money you raise will support the work we do to support blind and vision impaired children across England and Wales. As Fundraising Collector, your primary objective will be to collect money for public locations such as, but not limited to, train stations, large retail stores and shopping centres. Collections will be a combination of static bucket collections as well as more interactive collections with information stands.
At collections, you will be mostly working independently, but may be working with volunteers at some of their larger collections. You will be engaging with members of the public and as such will need to be confident speaking about the work we do.
Key Tasks and Main Duties
1. To arrive promptly and smartly to the venue
2. To follow all supermarket rules and procedures
3. To collect in a friendly and outgoing manner for the hours stated
4. To answer any queries on their work and refer people to the necessary resource as required
5. To store display materials at home and bring with you to relevant collections
6. To ensure cash is banked and verified in a timely manner in accordance with their policies
7. Maintain good relationships with the private sites who allow you to collect
8. To attend ad-hoc meetings and training as required
9. Ensure that Equality and Diversity is embedded in all activities.
10. Be responsible for promoting safeguarding the welfare of their participants and all other children young people and vulnerable adults that have contact with the organisation
• Minimum Level 3 in Literacy and Numeracy
• Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills
• Flexible and able to work outside normal office hours e.g., weekends and mornings during commuter hours
• Honesty and integrity
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels, and to handle all situations in a calm manner
• Excellent customer care skills
• Valid UK driving license and own car
• First-hand experience of private site fundraising collections
• Voluntary experience
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.