Office (Fleet) or Home based
35 hours per week Monday – Friday 9.00- 17.00
Salary £33,400 pa
Within the range £33,400 to £39,500 pa
Use your skills in communication, collaboration and engagement to help our client fulfil their purpose.
At the heart of our client's ministry is a relentless passion to act on their faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty: a purpose embodied in the phrase ‘Releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name’.
About the role
As Volunteering Manager, you’ll work across the whole organisation to grow and develop an incredible network of volunteers, increasing their levels of engagement and sense of ownership in the shared ministry. You’ll work closely with Regional Teams to develop new regional volunteering strategies in order to see the ministry grow.
You’ll lead and manage a dynamic team of dedicated volunteering specialists to successfully implement a regional volunteer development strategy, including the roll out of regional communities of volunteers and growth in peer-to-peer sponsorship acquisition.
- Actively maintain and promote our client's Christian ethos and values;
- Lead and grow an innovative and effective volunteering team;
- Be the leader and expert in the planning, development and implementation of the organisational volunteering strategy;
- Actively support the frontline acquisition through collaboration and innovation;
- Foster and lead an agile department with great culture and development at the core.
To flourish in this role, you’ll need to be:
- An experienced volunteer leader capable of leading your team to recruit, induct, train, and manage volunteers;
- A knowledgeable expert of best practice in volunteer management;
- A great collaborative worker with a natural ability to work with other leaders;
- Experienced in a sales/marketing/customer service-related discipline;
- Have experience of strategic development and implementation;
- Experienced in a results-driven organisation, including setting and delivering target.
It would help (but isn’t essential) to have:
- Experience managing decentralised communities of volunteers or similar stakeholders;
- Experience using a CRM solution;
- Experience in the development of collateral and in the development of campaigns;
- Knowledge of overseas challenges/adventure fundraising.
The role requires a personal commitment to the Christian faith and a deep connection to our client's ministry to children and alignment with their cultural attributes. A strategic thinker, ‘people person’, great communicator and listener, creative, innovative and flexible – all are essential attributes for the role.
Location & Benefits
This is a permanent role either based at our client's new agile offices in Fleet, Hampshire (GU51 2UT) or home-based anywhere in the UK working 35 hours per week – Monday – Friday 9.00- 17.00.
Generous benefits include 10% employer pension contribution, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays, Group Life and Income Protection cover on appointment and private healthcare and dental cover on successful completion of probationary period.
The closing date for completed applications 11:00am on Monday 13th May 2019.
(However the charity hold the right to close the application early)
Interviews will take place w/c 27th May 2019 in Fleet.
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
Please note that our client cannot consider applicants who do not presently have the right to work in the UK.
Our client is a child-focused ministry; they believe every child should be known, loved and protected. One area of the interview will explore your personal commitment to child protection. A satisfactory basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be a requirement once a conditional offer of employment is made to successful candidates.
No agencies please.