Policy Officer (Scotland)
The main purposes of the post are:
To connect our work to relevant policy areas in order to gain recognition and influence for Peeple, and to support those working in related sectors;to influence policy by sharing our research and best practice knowledge;to contribute to Communications & Marketing (with Training & Support Manager).
Key Performance Areas:
1.Identify relevant policies and make links with the work of Peeple (in written documents and through relationships with policy makers).
2. Identify ways in which the work of Peeple could influence relevant policies.
3. Work with our Scottish Development Manager & Scottish Qualifications Manager to scope and participate in relevant events/forums and to follow up leads
4. Work with our Scottish Development Manager & Scottish Qualifications Manager to promote Peep programmes and the Peep Progression Pathway at events, workshops and through Information Briefings; identify key events/conferences and prepare applications to deliver workshops to promote Peep programmes and the Peep Progression Pathway within current policy agenda.
5. Contribute to Communications & Marketing: write case studies to promote best practice, contribute to Peeple newsletters, contribute to social media output and write articles/reports to promote Peep programmes and key messages.
6. Support with funding applications.
7. Undertake other duties as required by Peeple and consistent with the skills and experience required by the post.