ZSL is looking for a Fundraising Executive to develop and manage relationships with high value donors and prospects in addition to supporting the Head of Individual Giving with the stewardship and recruitment of major donors.
Position: High Value Fundraising Executive
Contract: Full-Time / 12 Month Fixed Term
Salary: £30,983 p.a. (Inclusive of London Weighting)
Location: ZSL London Zoo – NW1
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
This role will help to raise funds from high-value individual donors in support of ZSL’s mission objectives, and to build and increase a sustainable income stream. This position will include stewardship of already established high-value donor though with a strong focus on recruitment during this 12 month contract along with the development of a formalised high-value stewardship programme.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To identify, approach and develop high-value relationships for new gifts.
- To manage a portfolio of high-value donors who are contributing across the organisation’s spectrum of activity.
- To build on the current strategy for the stewardship of high-value donors, with implementation of currently under-developed areas.
- Build relationships and further engage current high-value supporters to secure repeat and increased gifts.
- To support the Head of Individual Giving on the major donor portfolio.
- To work with the Head of Individual Giving on major and high-value donor initiatives (ad hoc and planned)
- To take part in high profile fundraising events, converting attendees to supporters. This will include the annual Gala event.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience of working on individual donor fundraising (recruitment and retention)
- High-value donor fundraising experience including solicitation of five figure gifts.
- Previous experience of working with a CRM database system.
- An interest and general knowledge in animal conservation.
- Excellent project management skills.
Please note: The role will initially be on a full-time, 12 months fixed-term contract and will be based at ZSL Main Offices in Regents Park.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with proven fundraising experience to build the charity’s portfolio of major donors and support the team. You will have exposure to a variety of departments within an international organisation. If you have the imagination to not only problem solve but to create new opportunities to support the fundraising department within ZSL, then we would love to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 5th May 2018.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Visit Website button. You will be directed to our website to download the job description and complete the online application process.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
ZSL kindly requests no contact from agencies or media sales please regarding this position.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Animal Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Marketing Animal Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Operations & Service Delivery Animal Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- PR & Communications Animal Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Major Donor/ Gifts Animal Full Time jobs in London (Greater)