Creative Development Lead
Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Then join us as Creative Development Lead. You will be responsible for shaping the creative direction of Save the Children with the Head of Creative and maintaining the highest level of creative excellence through innovative and brand inspiring assets.
In our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department, we fight for children every single day. We inspire millions of people, from individuals to large corporates, to support our quest for change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Creative Development Lead you will have the opportunity to influence and shape the creative direction of Save the Children UK. Through our powerful communications, we aim to inspire, motivate and mobilise both existing, and new supporters, to create positive change for children. Day-to-day, you will provide multimedia creative guidance to project leads, acting as a sounding board and provide creative guidance to stakeholders when required. In addition you will:
- Proactively seek new creative partners, build and maintain relationships with prospective agencies, new artists and freelance talent
- Review and analyse the success of our content output with HoC, applying these evaluation insights in the development of our future creative proposals
- Ideate on a large scale project as required, and lead a brainstorm session with the team
- Define emerging trends both at home and abroad and test fresh approaches.
To be successful you will have demonstrable success delivering creative concepts to a client brief with a sound understanding of how audience profiles influence communications products. Strong presentation skills and the ability to ‘pitch’ creative ideas are also essential, as is demonstrable knowledge of offline and digital platforms. In addition you will have:
- Experience of creating content that can be successfully used for purposes of Fundraising, PR or news media exposure
- Exceptional communications skills both written and verbal
- Solid knowledge of the ethical issues facing those who create visual content and experience of dealing with those issues in real world situations
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including the ability to inspire and mobilise people from diverse business areas, to deliver a coherent strategy meeting multiple objectives
- Experience of developing and nurturing a team.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 12th May 2019