Part Time Communications Manager
Well known and highly regarded not for profit in the centre of Hertfordshire.
Strategic and management responsibilities:
- Working with the communications agency to draft and deliver the communications strategy and plan for stage two of the engagement programme.
- Manage the relationship with the communications agency, ensuring that agreed plans and activities outlined in the contract are implemented and evaluated.
- Support the team with targeting people for a high profile event based in London.
- Ensure feedback from all consultations are reported back and fed into relevant reports.
Day to day tasks:
- Draft a range of content including press releases, newsletters, fact sheets, Q&As, social media posts and web copy. Turn complex reports into user-friendly content.
- Keep dedicated web pages up-to-date. Run online polls, monitor comments and upload images of community consultation events.
- Field media and general enquiries relating to the project.
- Manage day-to-day activities with all the project partners and suppliers, in particular the communications agency and designers.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders to ensure they are kept up to date with progress and identify opportunities to work together.
- Work closely with the communications and marketing team to ensure key information is communicated across multiple channels.
In order to be successfully considered for the role you must have experience in the following:
- Solid experience of working in communications teams and managing high-profile projects with conflicting deadlines.
- Experience of delivering complex communications and engagement strategies and plans.
- Strong writing skills that can be adapted for different communications channels, including social media, and the ability to turn complex information into user-friendly content.
- Experience of media relations and crisis communications.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Confidence to deal with a diverse range of stakeholders across the community, from the local council and resident groups, to MPs and the media.
- Event management experience.
- Awareness of the local and national political environment.
- Ability to work alone and in collaboration with other teams and partners.
- An understanding of KPIs
£150-250 per day dependant on experience (PAYE) - Limited and Umbrella available
Immediate start, rolling contract
2 days a week initially with a view to rising to 3
Some evening and weekend work will be required