Compliance Manager (FCA / AML / KYC / GDPR)
We are a key player in social investment in UK. Set up in 2005, it is the UK’s first social merchant bank, founded by social entrepreneurs for social entrepreneurs.
Our goal is to address systemic issues of poverty and inequality by supporting organisations that are making a positive difference across the UK by providing loans and investment from £20,000 to £3 million as well as corporate mentoring and investment programmes for early stage business.
Position: Compliance Manager
Location: Finsbury Park, London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000 per annum
Benefits: BII also offers a salary commensurate with the social impact investment sector, training and development opportunities, holiday entitlement, life cover and a healthcare scheme and the exciting opportunity to be part the growing social impact investment sector.
Closing date: 11 May 2019
About the role:
We are now looking to recruit a Compliance Manager to support us in meeting the ongoing regulatory and compliance obligations across our FCA-regulated and non-FCA regulated investment activities.
Working alongside the Board and Senior Leadership Teams, the Compliance Manager will develop and maintain policies and procedures relating to FCA, Anti-Money Laundering / Knowing Your Client, GDPR, information security and any other regulations. You will also provide leadership relating to compliance matters, act as the initial point of contact for communicating with regulatory bodies and act as Anti-Money Laundering Officer.
- Interpreting regulation and providing practical advice.
- Building strong working relationships at all levels.
- Using a collaborative approach to help teams meet compliance requirements.
- Communicating, both verbally and in writing.
- Analysing commercial situations to identify applicable law.
- Organising self and work to deliver high-quality, timely support.
- Working co-operatively with multiple teams to achieve collective objectives.
- Listening to and supporting colleagues and team members and sharing expertise.
- Reacting flexibly to changing goals and priorities.
- In addition, having knowledge of the needs and priorities of the social investment market and / or the social sector is highly desirable.
While this is a full-time role we can offer flexible working hours and mobile working as standard and may be able to offer condensed working days (e.g. a 4-day working week) to the right candidate. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are underrepresented in our sector, such as women in senior roles such as this, disabled people and individuals from Black and Minority ethnic communities.
Please note that we can only accept applications from those who already have the right to work in the UK.
You may have experience of the following: Compliance Manager, FCA, Anti-Money Laundering, Knowing Your Client, GDPR, Information Security, Compliance, Regulatory, Regulations, Financial Services, Investments, etc.