KIDS is a national charity which has been supporting disabled children, young people and their families since 1970.
We work with children, irrespective of their disability or impairment, from birth through to 25 years. Each year we support over 15,000 disabled children, offer over 120 different services and work with about 80 Local Authorities across England.
We are passionate, caring and trusted and our vision is a world in which all disabled children and young people realise their aspirations. We offer support and practical help for families, every step of the way.
Location: Wheatley, Oxford
Salary Details: £20,598 FTE per annum
Hours Per Week:18
About The Role
As a Senior Practitioner you will be planning and leading services to support disabled children, or young people and their families. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills in a rewarding role, and gain a strong sense of achievement
The role will involve planning and leading after-school club and Holiday play scheme in the Wheatley, Oxfordshire area.
Hours of work will vary between term time and non-term time. These will be discussed with you at interview.
To be able to carry out this role it is essential that you have the following characteristics:
- Work experience in area related to the position i.e. play work, youth work
- Experience of working with disabled children/young people
- Experience of planning, delivering and evaluating play/youth sessions
- Proven ability to report against outcomes including writing risk assessments.
You will require a driving licence and your own car. Car drivers are essential due to large area and the nature of some of the children’s impairments
A qualification at NVQ level 3 in play and leisure, youth work, childcare or the equivalent experience
Your role will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Competitive salary
- We’re happy to talk about flexible working within the needs of the service
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays with additional holiday after 4 years’ service
- Extensive online training package
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Values-driven culture
Advertising End Date: 17th May 2019
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button and follow the instructions on our website.
No agencies please.