One of Bristol’s best known charities, St Peter’s is its only adult hospice providing in-patient and at-home care and support for people with life-limiting illnesses and for their families.
The demand for our services is increasing and we have expanded and enhanced them over recent years thanks to our very successful charitable fund-raising. Our turnover wasin excess of £17m last year – a substantial part of which was from our fundraising and award-winning retail chain of 51 shops. We need to continue to develop a sustainable model to support the growing needs of our community.
We are now looking for a replacement for our CEO who is retiring this year, creating an exciting opportunity to take the helm of a flourishing and much-loved charity and steer it into its next phase, making palliative care even more accessible to more people in the local community.
The Role involves:
- Working with our Board of Trustees to sustain and develop the vision and future strategy.
- Working with the senior management team to provide leadership foran organisation of over 430 staff and c.1500 volunteers.
- Ensuring the ongoing reputation and financial stability of our organisation and the provision of the highest standards of care.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships outside of the organisation to promote understanding of the hospice’s vision and services and maximise income.
The Successful Candidate will be:
- A strategic thinker capable of challenging and developing the future direction of the organisation.
- An inspiring leader with vision and drive and experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Commercially astute with a proven track record as a senior manager.
- A highly effective communicator and negotiator, comfortable with the role of figurehead to external stakeholders.
- Able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism and a personal style which commands respect and credibility from others.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://www.stpetershospice.org.uk/work-for-us/jobs/all/chief-executive/295
Closing date: 29 April 2019