Independent Living Advisor / Support Worker
Shefford (Moving to Milton Keynes Autumn 2019)
£22,047 per annum plus £1670 Essential Car User Allowance
12 month fixed term contract
Would you thrive in a job that is making a real difference to people’s lives in your region?
Our client is more than just a financially strong Housing Association, they are making an impact on the housing crisis, supporting sustainable communities and providing life-long homes for customers. They provide additional, critical services to support the most vulnerable but also build shared ownership and outright sales for those who want to get on the property ladder.
About the role:
They are currently seeking two Independent Living Advisors to work with individuals in their own homes, predominantly older people, to enable them to live independently. You’ll provide housing related support and services as well as responding to emergency calls for help. One position is a Visiting Services role and the other is for Assistive Technology..
What they’re looking for:
- Experience of working with people with support needs
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to assess risks and needs
- Good IT skills
- Ideally, knowledge of the telecare Services Authority Service standards
- A caring and empathetic approach
The successful candidate will be required to partake in the on-call rota. You will be required to be on-call for one full week, approximately once every six weeks. This will include out of hours and weekends. The location of your on-call coverage will be relative to where you live.
What they offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 after five year’s service
- Aviva Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution
- Cash allowance/essential Car user allowances where specified
- Up to 3 paid professional subscriptions
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Free life assurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Health cash-plan including employee assistance
- Regular bonus points from our client’s Intranet, which lead to vouchers
- Free parking at all the offices
- Discounted cinema tickets
If you are like-minded in wanting to help shape the future of housing through the delivery of quality services to customers, great at your job and with a ‘can-do’ attitude, our client wants to hear from you.
You are just one click away from starting your journey here …