Director of Finance and Resources
Prospectus is delighted to be supporting Muscular Dystrophy UK to recruit for a Director of Finance and Resources, to be based from their Head Office in London. Muscular Dystrophy UK is the leading UK charity focusing on muscular dystrophy and related conditions. They are dedicated to beating muscular dystrophy by finding treatments and cures and to improving the lives of everyone affected by them. People rely on Muscular Dystrophy UK to provide expert information, advocacy and community support, and to signpost them to effective specialist services.
The main purpose of the role is to lead and advise on the Finance and IT strategy of the charity and ensure the operation of the finance and IT functions are supporting the achievement of Muscular Dystrophy UK's priorities and objectives. The Director will ensure the finance function provides internal and external efficiencies with a focus on continuous improvement, problem solving and development. The Director will also oversee the IT support function and office facilities, and provide effective leadership in areas such as governance and statutory compliance.
Experience and skills to include:
- Significant experience of working at a senior finance level
- Strong technical accounting and analytical skills
- Detailed knowledge of charity law, governance and statement of recommended practice (SORP)
- Proven experience of managing, leading and motivating teams
- Experience of overseeing IT Projects and office facilities
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels including with the Senior Leadership Team and Trustees
- A good working knowledge and ability to advise on governance issues and statutory compliance
- Ability to take an active role in the delivery of the Charity's mission, vision, goals and values
- A recognised professional accounting qualification
Please submit your CV via the "Apply" button below. Please upload your CV in Word format and include a supporting statement as part of your application. This should describe how your experience and skills meet the specific requirements of the job description and be no longer than two sides of A4.
A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted applications. As part of the selection process, candidates may be invited to meet with a Prospectus consultant at our offices.
Following preliminary interviews with Prospectus, shortlisted candidates will be invited for a first stage interview with Muscular Dystrophy UK on Thursday 9th May