(Maternity cover - 14 months fixed term)
Salary £38,760 pa
Full-time or Part-time pro rata
Bring your accountancy skills and experience to this Finance Manager role and make a real and lasting difference to children living in poverty.
Our client is a growing Christian child development charity with over £43m of income per year currently supporting 107,000 children. They are part of a family of charities with income approaching $1b currently supporting 2,040,000 children in 25 of the poorest countries in the world.
This maternity cover opportunity (Part-Time minimum 21 hours per week up to Full-Time) offers a unique set of experiences within a large charity with an inspiring mission.
The Finance Department contributes to the organisation's strategic and operating success by managing its finances in line with UK Charity Law, Statements of Recommended Practice and best accounting practice.
The Charity is also seeking to ensure that that supporters’ donations are well handled, that donations are well stewarded, that internal stakeholders are well served and that the greatest level of grants can be made to children in extreme poverty.
Work within the Finance Department, supporting the Finance Director by undertaking management responsibility for the finances of the organisation, in line with UK Charity Law, SORP, and best accounting practice. Responsible for the provision and development of the financial information including systems and maintaining key stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent Financial Management to enable accurate and timely disbursement of funds and reliable reporting, ensuring good stewardship of our resources and maximise the grant to the field;
- Undertaking management responsibilities for the Charity finances, maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements and developing best accounting practices;
- Continuous improvement of processes and promoting best practice, ensuring the team and processes run effectively and efficiently;
- Respect, uphold and work within the organisation's Christian ethos, culture and value.
Qualifications and Experience
- Fully qualified Accountant with at least 3 years practical experience;
- High levels of familiarity and comfort with Microsoft office packages and computer-based accountancy packages – Microsoft Dynamics GP currently in use;
- Experience of preparing accounts and journals;
- Charity sector and Charity ORP experience desirable;
- Experience of preparing statutory and management accounts desirable;
- Experience of payroll admin, budgeting and managing procurement policy desirable skills.
This is a Fixed Term Maternity Cover role for up to 14 months, office based in new office just 15 minutes’ walk from Fleet station, Hampshire working minimum 21 hours up to 35 hours per week.
Though an active Christian faith is not a requirement for this role, all candidates must be able to respect, uphold and work within our client's Christian mission, values, culture and faith statements.
The Charity is a great place to work. Generous benefits include 10% employer pension contribution, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and private healthcare and dental cover on successful completion of probationary period.
Closing date: 7th May 2019
Interviews will take place w/c 13th May 2019
Late applications may be considered.
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
The Charity is a child-focused ministry, and as such they believe every child should be known, loved and protected. In accordance with Child Protection, Safeguarding Policy and Policy on Engaging People with a Criminal Record, a satisfactory basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be a requirement once a conditional offer of employment is made to successful candidates.
Please note that the Charity can only consider applicants who presently have the right to work in the UK.
No agencies please.