Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
£41,000 - 51,000 pa
The Finance Business Partner will work closely with senior managers across the organisation, produce monthly management accounts with insightful variance analysis and prepare and deliver budgets and forecasts.
Key Accountabilities / Objectives
• Carry out an accurate and efficient month end process; reviewing numbers to ensure
accuracy, processing any budget holder journals and calculating allocations.
• Prepare monthly management accounts narrative, highlighting variances against
budget/forecast and steps being taken to address variances.
• Prepare a monthly headcount analysis for your areas, explaining any variances to
• Meet with all budget holders monthly to discuss results, answer queries and ensure they are
on track to come in on budget/forecast.
• Work with the Heads of Departments and budget holders to produce the budget for your
business areas, ensuring that it is robust, realistic and in line with the strategic plan.
• Produce a forecast for your business areas; creating required templates and reports and
meeting with budget holders to discuss year to date variances and agree full year forecast,
applying challenge as required.
• Support budget holders to develop business cases and operating models for new income
streams and activities.
• Deliver financial training to non-finance staff as required.
• Manage project budgets and prepare monthly project board report.
• Create, write and amend Jet reports as required.
Essential Education and Skills
• Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, equivalent).
• Experience of producing reports and analysis to drive financial decision-making at
• Experience of producing financial information for communication to a non-finance audience.
• Experience working in a charity supporting the fundraising or grants management team
• Knowledge of Charities SORP.
• Extensive experience of computerised financial reporting, and other IT systems.
• Experience of creating financial models.
• Advanced excel and Jet reporting.
• Effective relationship builder with strong emotional intelligence and political awareness to
proactively challenge and persuade senior stakeholders and partners.
• Dynamic, confident and fun professional that can effectively lead and foster teams through
collaborative and cross-functional working.
• Decisive problem solver with high resilience and a positive and solution orientated
• Analytical thinker with strong communication skills and a flexible, engaging and inspirational
To apply please visit our website via the link.
Role closes - 12:00pm, 24th Apr 2019 BST (Europe/London)