Our client is a leading children’s hospice charity caring for babies, children and young people with life-limiting conditions, and their families.
Position: Individual Giving Fundraiser
Location: Bridge House, Addlestone, Surrey (Commutable from Woking, Slough, Bracknell, Leatherhead & surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £25,000 to 32,000 per annum
About the role:
This role will be responsible for developing and increasing income and supporter engagement for both new and existing donors relating to our client's Individual Giving programme through regular giving, individual donations, campaigns, appeals and direct marketing initiatives. This will encompass donor development, supporter acquisition and retention, through research and relationship building, combining a target driven approach with a caring and empathetic manner.
You will work closely with the Head of Supporter Development to implement all projects and marketing plans for individual giving income generation initiatives to maximise income, donor retention and acquisition.
- With the Head of Supporter Development, identify, plan, develop and implement new income generation initiatives and activity for the Individual Giving programme in line with the supporter development strategies for general donations, Individual Giving appeals and regular giving.
- Assist the Head of Supporter Development in creating and budgeting for a cohesive supporter acquisition, retention and development plan for individual supporters that looks to increase affinity and maximise donor engagement.
- Supporting the Head of Supporter Development in the fulfilment of the team’s strategic objectives in all areas of Individual Giving fundraising including fundraising direct mail appeals, general donations and regular giving, both for new and existing strategic initiatives.
- With marketing and communications, develop the promotion of all Individual Giving fundraising donations mechanisms including regular giving across all media and marketing collateral to both new and existing external audiences.
- Work with the communications and marketing team when putting together communications on projects to promote the key income generation areas within individual giving across all media channels, to help engage and retain supporters and to build long term support.
- Keeping up to date with charity-wide best practices / policies relating to individual giving fundraising to support the Head of Supporter Development to ensure Individual Giving fundraising activity is compliant with all relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- The post holder will be working in a developing environment and he / she will therefore be expected to undertake other appropriate duties as required for the effective operation of our client’s Hospices.
- The post holder will be required to travel in our client’s Hospices catchment area.
- The post holder should be prepared to work / attend meetings and events which may be during evenings and weekends.
- 5 GCSEs A-C or equivalent, including Mathematics and English.
- Fundraising experience.
- Experience of budget management and meeting financial targets.
- Experience of supporter development, supporter journeys and / or relationship management.
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel & Power point.
- Excellent organisational, planning and project management skills, with the ability to work flexibly and multi-task with good attention to detail.
- Keeps up to date with charity wide best practices / policies relating to Individual Giving fundraising activities.
- A commitment to the values and beliefs of our client.
- Related degree or Fundraising Qualification.
- Experience of working on individual giving campaigns and related fundraising.
- Excellent database skills and previous experience of working with a fundraising database.
- Excellent sector awareness including codes of best practice and GDPR.
- Knowledge and understanding of best practice, policy and legal issues relating to individual giving fundraising.
You may have experience of the following: Individual Giving Fundraiser, Individual Giving Fundraising Officer, Individual Giving, Fundraising, Fundraiser, Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Executive, Fundraising Administrator, Sales Executive, Marketing, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not for Profit, Third Sector, etc.