Prospectus are delighted to be supporting a leading animal welfare charity to recruit for a Compliance Manager to work from their site in London within their Finance and Corporate Services Directorate. With c500 staff and 1000 volunteers, the organisation has cared for over three million vulnerable animals. They campaign tirelessly to make things better for dogs and cats; sharing expertise and educating the public and policymakers about responsible pet ownership.
Their Finance and Corporate Services Directorate incorporates a range of functions that support the rest of the organisation. From IT helpdesk and systems support, to financial accounting, legacy administration, audit and risk, procurement and facilities management.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that the organisation complies with UK legal and regulatory requirements. The Compliance Manager will advise Directors and Senior Managers to ensure organisational compliance, adopt policies to accommodate regulatory or legislative changes and engage with the wider organisation to ensure understanding while acting as the main point of contact for a data protection enquiries.
Experience and attributes to include:
- Extensive experience of leading a compliance function and practical application of GDPR across an organisation
- Significant experience of dealing with data protection regulators and complex data protection issues
- A recognised compliance and privacy qualification (e.g. CIPM, ISEB)
- Comprehensive understanding of information systems, data security and data protection needs of an organisation which is both a Controller and a Processor
- Significant analytical skills, with experience of understanding and identifying an organisation's issues and risks relating to regulatory compliance, using sound judgement to develop appropriate solutions
- Experience working in a charity funded by legacies and donations which has a wide supporter base (Desirable)
To apply, please upload your CV in Word format in the first instance, you can do this by clicking the "Apply" button below to go through to the Prospectus website. A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted applications
The closing date for applications is Monday 22nd April.
If selected for interview with the charity, interviews are planned to take place on Thursday 25th April