Company Secretarial and Operations Administrator
The London Marathon Charitable Trust is an independent grant making charity. We provide grants for facilities and opportunities that remove barriers to participation in physical activity and that inspire and enable more people to be more active, more often. Founded alongside the London Marathon in 1981, the majority of our income comes from the profits generated by our trading company, London Marathon Events Limited, which organises some of the biggest and best mass-participation sports events in the UK, including the Virgin Money London Marathon and Prudential RideLondon. The Trust’s income is growing and we will be distributing more than £10m per year. The total value of grants awarded by The Trust since its founding in 1981 is now over £73 million to more than 1,300 projects. Information about The Trust may be found on our website: www.lmct.org.uk
We are looking to recruit a full time Administrator to join our small and evolving team to support the Chief Grants Officer in her role, providing company secretarial support to both The London Marathon Charitable Trust and London Marathon Events Limited. The administrator will also provide assistance for the administration of the day-to-day operations of The Trust, including finance, communications, HR and IT.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Scheduling and organising Trustees’, Directors’ and other meetings and making associated travel arrangements
- Taking minutes of committee meetings
- Assisting with the organisation and management of the Company Secretarial services of both entities
- Drafting materials for registration at Companies House for Company Secretarial matters
- Maintaining the statutory and operational files
- Providing Trustees with regular updates on the work of The Trust and regulatory matters
- Preparing and distributing materials for Trustees and Directors
- Preparing reports for Trustees, Directors, staff and other stakeholders
- Liaising with Finance, Communications, HR, IT and other departments on the general operations of The Trust
Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of an organised and methodical approach to work, combining numerical accuracy with attention to detail and an ability to meet deadlines
- Experience of minute taking
- Confidence dealing with financial administration
- Experience dealing with confidential information
- An ability to work with a range of stakeholders, internal and external, including Trustees, Directors and senior staff
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An interest in charitable activity and the work of The Trust
- An ability to work flexibly in a busy environment; a helpful and friendly attitude and demeanour with team working at the core
- Database and data analysis skills are desirable.
The role requires some evening and weekend working, including at events organised by London Marathon Events Limited.
We anticipate that interviews will be held between 7 - 10 May (inclusive).