Communications and Events Officer
The Greyhound Trust Head Office is offering a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join us as our Communications and Events Officer. This combined role involves working across both fundraising and marketing & communications and offers the opportunity to organise engaging, public facing events that raise both income and awareness on behalf of the Greyhound Trust.
Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager, you will be a key member of the Income Generation and Brand team. This is a varied role involving being a regular representative for the organisation, key to internal communications delivery and a vital support for those raising money for the Greyhound Trust.
This will be a fast paced role, responsible for maximising opportunities to develop a wider understanding of the Greyhound Trust and maximise fundraised income towards the work of the Greyhound Trust.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Creating, managing and leading new fundraising events on behalf of the Greyhound Trust
2. Delivering the Trust’s key annual Meet the Public Events including Crufts, Discover Dogs and the Great Greyhound Gathering
3. Leading the organisation of key Influencing Events involving internal and external audiences such as Parliamentary receptions and Greyhound Trust branch conferences, training etc.
4. Providing branches with practical advice and consistent, best practice guidance and collateral for their own events
5. Working with internal/external partners to establish and develop events that will become part of the fundraising calendar and will grow each year
6. Managing event budgets, ensuring cost efficiencies and, where applicable, a good ROI
Detailed (non exhaustive) example of responsibilities:
- Create and manage new fundraising events on behalf of the Greyhound Trust
- Support remotely all third party in aid of fundraisers across the country
- Represent the Greyhound Trust at a variety of high profile public events including Crufts and Discover Dogs
- Support the Marketing and Communications Manager in preparing Press statements and responses to media enquiries
- Advise the branches on how to make savings and greater income from their events
- Support the branches to create a consistent look and feel to their fundraising activity
- Represent the Greyhound Trust at networking and sector events to promote the work of the Greyhound Trust
- Ensure full GDPR requirements are met and delivered at all times
Skills and experience:
- Confident self starter with experience in a communication and events based role
- Experience of project management
- Experience of working in a busy environment
- Highly motivated and organised, with excellent attention to detail and pride in your work
- Articulate and persuasive, with excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships
You will be:
- Professional, proactive, positive and enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and “can do” attitude
- Full of energy and ideas, a people person who likes a challenge and can stay focussed on priorities when there is a lot going on
- Organised and thorough, a good communicator
- Able to demonstrate discretion and adhere to professional standards and confidentiality
- Curious with an inquisitive nature and the ability to work across departments to ensure a fully joined up approach
- Capable of handling a variety of priorities while maintaining a positive demeanour
- Committed to delivering high standards of customer service and be a genuine team player
This post and its role requirement will develop with the needs of the charity and should not be seen as an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Additional tasks may be reasonably requested by your Line Manager and senior colleagues.
The ideal candidate would have empathy and enthusiasm for the objectives of the Greyhound Trust.