Change Communications Officer
A leading University in Manchester.
Key Responsibilities of the Change Communications Officer:
* Contribute to the development of engagement strategies in support of University's strategic objectives.
* Provide an integrated approach to communications through the management of allocated projects, inputting into engagement and communications campaigns and plans using established change communications methodology.
* Keep up to date with emerging change communications approaches and recommend strategies for projects as appropriate.
* Project manage the implementation of communications plans across a range of projects offering advice, identify and manage risks, negotiating solutions and organising appropriate level sign off.
* Review and challenge the use of communications with colleagues making proactive recommendations in line with your professional expertise and the vision and strategy for the University.
* Support the Head of Communications and Marketing in using organisational insight to advise leaders on targeted employee communication strategies and actions to improve employee engagement.
* Establish two-way and face-to-face communication channels where possible to build employee engagement. Reinforce these channels during organisational change.
* Support the delivery of internal communication content and staff events, ensuring products are delivered to a high quality. Align internal communication to key change programme delivery milestones.
* Build a network of trust across the University to ensure that our colleagues communicate effectively about the University's change programme consistently with our internal and external audiences.
The ideal Change Communications Officer:
* A degree or appropriate professional qualification, or substantial previous experience in change communications.
* A strong understanding of different internal audiences and experience of using this knowledge to ensure that the tone, language and format of internal communication is easily accessible to and read by a range of staff groups.
* Experience of designing and develop engaging, targeted content and messages suitable for use across a range of channels. Demonstrate an awareness of how channels work together and complement each other.
* Experience of providing support and clarification to managers to ensure they are confident in delivering key messages and to strengthen the internal communication cascade.
* Experience of using audience insight and personas to develop engaging communications.
* Experience of analysing and segmenting internal audiences.
* Proven track record of embedding evaluation and tracking into communication strategies.
Must be able to start immediately (or at very short notice).
Change Communications Officer - Strong Day Rate