Director of Finance and Operations (3 to 4 days per week)
Vacancy: Director of Finance and Operations (3 or 4 days per week)
Starting salary: £60-66k per annum pro-rata
The Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (FSRH) is looking for an experienced Director of Finance and Operations on 3 or 4 days per week to be part of the Senior Management Team and provide leadership, direction and expertise in financial management, outsourced IT systems and office management at the FSRH. We are looking for somebody that can be strategic but is also willing to be hands-on.
It is an exciting time to join the FSRH. We are producing a new strategic plan to 2025 and moving offices from Baker Street to London Bridge in November this year. We are also reviewing our membership offer and model – we need financial and operations expertise to help us do this.
FSRH is the largest UK professional membership organisation working in the field of sexual and reproductive health (SRH). We support healthcare professionals to deliver high-quality healthcare including access to contraception. We provide our 15,000 doctor and nurse members with NICE-accredited evidence-based clinical guidance, including the UKMEC, the gold standard in safe contraceptive prescription, as well as clinical and service standards. We believe that access to quality sexual and reproductive healthcare is a fundamental right. That is why we are working together with our members and partners to shape better sexual and reproductive healthcare for all. We are a registered charity with a turnover of £2.2m. We have 25 staff, 20 committees of members and c900 healthcare professionals who deliver our training in the UK.
The Director of Finance & Operations provides leadership, direction and expertise in financial management, outsourced IT systems and office management at the FSRH. The role will report to the CEO, Finance & Investment Committee and the Board of Trustees on financial matters.
Working closely with the rest of the FSRH Senior Management Team (SMT) in their responsibility for the overall performance of the Charity, taking lead responsibility for all matters relating to Finance, IT systems and knowledge management.
The areas of responsibility for this role include:
- Strategic direction and leadership
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Reporting & Control
- Data & Risk
- Information technology
- Knowledge management
- Office management
- Staff Management
- Process Improvement
Once appointed, the Director of Finance and Operations will recruit a permanent Finance Manager (a Finance and Membership Officer already in place) to complete the team.
We are flexible about how the 3 or 4 days can be worked, but the role will be mainly based be in the office. The starting salary is £60-£66K per annum (which is then pro rata for the 3 or 4 days) plus a comprehensive benefits package.
FSRH are looking for someone with the following proven experience and knowledge:
- In a lead role, in the development and successful implementation of finance strategies
- Presenting financials to senior managers and / or trustees to aid decision making
- Producing budgets and longer-term plans and communicating these to stakeholders
- Running an audit
- Charity VAT and application of partial exemption special methods
- Investments and application of investment strategy
- Leading, managing and developing IT systems across an organisation
- Managing and developing digital databases, and supporting good organisational use of these by staff
- Leading and implementing effective knowledge management solutions and processes across an organisation
- Office management responsibilities, including facilities
- Building positive and productive relationships, with colleagues and other stakeholders
- Sound financial management skills and commercial awareness
- Willingness to shift between being strategic and hands on – we are a small organisation.
- An effective approach to managing people, demonstrating an appropriate balance between empowerment, support and assertiveness
- Strong corporate ethos and effective team member, able to achieve an appropriate balance between finance interests and organisation-wide interests
For full details of the Job Description please visit www.fsrh.org/about-us/fsrh-jobs. Interested applicants are asked to email their CV and covering letter (no more than 2 sides and including the number of days you would like to work) to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Monday 22 April 2019. We welcome applications from those from a variety of backgrounds.
Interviews will take place on May 1 at FSRH’s offices near Baker Street.