Media and Communications Officer
I am currently recruiting for a great Media/comms role for a Children's Charity in East London. They are currently looking for a Media and Communications Officer, paying up to £25,000.
The main purpose of the role is to work alongside the Press & PR Manager to deliver a strategy that reflects the overreaching goals of the charity. The Media and comms officer will be the first point of contact for all media enquiries, as well as producing high quality press releases and media statements. Working on the copy for the website, newsletters and case study stories to publicise the work of the charity to both external and internal stakeholders.
Reporting into the Press & PR Manager, you will help develop a media relations campaign as well as produce a communications calendar. You will have full responsibility for the day to day management of the social media output.
Ideal candidate will display:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent news sense and the skills to identify proactive opportunities for external communications that support the organisations objectives
- Experience of working with content management systems
- Substantial experience of working in a press office or communications team, with good working knowledge of national broadcast, print and online media
- A good track record of writing compelling material for a wide range of stakeholders - websites, press releases, articles, newsletters and case study stories
- Proven experience of building and maintaining lasting relationships with national media contacts
- Experience of working with the media, proactive PR campaigns
- Experience of using digital and social media channels to engage variety of audiences
They will only look at candidates who have come from a Charity background. If you are interested in discussing the role in more detail please apply with an up to date CV.
Unfortunately due to the high number of applications we receive we will not be able to come back to all unsuccessful candidates so if we have not come back to you 1-2 weeks after you application unsuccessful. This is a fast moving role so please get in touch ASAP if you are interested.