Stakeholder Engagement Manager, Transformation
I am partnering with a great national charity in London on the search for a Stakeholder Engagement Manager, Transformation. This is a really interesting role for someone that is keen on an 18 months FTC. The Charity is currently undertaking a comprehensive strategic change programme. The successful post holder will manage, deliver and evaluate stakeholder communication and engagement strategies as part of this programme and will be a key member of the transformation team.
This role sits within the social change department, where this role will have a significant impact on the successful delivery of the transformation programme, with responsibility for managing the charity's reputation and ensuring internal and external stakeholders are informed and engaged during period of change. Reporting into the Head of External Communications, there are no direct reports but the post-holder will be required to work closely with colleagues across the organisation.
Ideal candidates will display:
- Relevant experience in a strategic communications role
- Experience of developing and delivering high-profile, multi-channel communications and engagement strategies
- Experience of identifying and managing reputational risk
- Strong stakeholder relationships
- Ability to confidently influence on matters of strategic importance
- Have developed and delivered a structured communications plan
- Experience of developing detailed stakeholder maps, ensuring no groups are overlooked, and identifying an appropriate level of communications activity
Ideally candidates will have experience working in the Not-for-Profit sector but this is not necessarily essential. If you are interested in discussing the role in more detail please apply with an up to date CV.