Chief Executive – reporting to Board of Trustees via the Chairman, 1 direct report; 7 part-time staff.
- To deliver annual income targets through proactive fundraising to Trusts & Foundations, Major Donors and corporate partners.
- To lead the charity, working with the Head of Operations to motivate, manage and to develop the team of programme staff (Local Development Officers) in delivering their targets, and monitor their performance
- To inspire the hundreds of volunteers, including the couples and facilitators who provide the framework for each Explore session, and whose recruitment and retention is central to the charity’s effectiveness.
- To monitor and communicate the impact the charity is having to Trustees, funders, prospects, schools, partners and volunteers using appropriate channels including social media.
- To provide the charity’s HQ administration, HR and financial control, and effective governance.
- To represent the charity with educational partners, the media and funders.
Person spec/skills needed
- Innovative and resilient with a proven intellect
- Member of the Institute of Fundraising
- Empathy with the Christian ethos of the charity, and commitment to Christian values
- Good knowledge of young beneficiaries, gained in an educational charity or youth charity, an advantage
- Experienced in developing & managing volunteer couples and facilitators in delivering the student-facing sessions
- Highly numerate – able to prepare budgets/forecasts and to support the delivery team in pricing to schools and monitoring costs
- Self-starter/Team Leader, able to work autonomously from home - and to motivate the remote-based team
- Proven fundraising success c £200,000 pa to raise mainly from Trusts & Foundations, plus development of a major donor and corporate partners strategy
- IT savvy – the charity has recently invested in a new CRM system (Etapestry) which is partially rolled out.
- Experienced and skilled in all aspects of marketing – from volunteer communications to press and social media.
- Driver, clean full driving license with access to a car for frequent travel across mainly south of England to visit schools, funders and stakeholders.
- Able to travel easily to Winchester for regular meetings with staff, Trustees and Founder.
For further information see www.explorerelationships.org.uk
Registered Charity number 1084226.
Email your CV and cover letter which should include your interest and suitability for the role plus your current salary and notice period.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Education Part Time jobs in Basingstoke
- Marketing Education Part Time jobs in Basingstoke
- Senior Management Education Part Time jobs in Basingstoke
- Operations & Service Delivery Education Part Time jobs in Basingstoke
- Business Development & Commercial Education Part Time jobs in Basingstoke