HR Advisor - Science, Conservation and Policy
ZSL is looking for a HR Advisor who will assist the Senior HR Business Partners with developing the HR function.
Title: HR Advisor - Science, Conservation and Policy
Position type: Full-Time / 1 Year Fixed-Term Contract
Salary: £31,759 per annum (inclusive of London Weighting)
Location: ZSL London Zoo, NW1
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s purpose is to inspire, inform and empower people to stop wild animals from going extinct. Our priorities are: Wildlife and People; Wildlife Health; and Wildlife Back from the Brink. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
Overview of Role:
This role will work with and support the employees based in the Science (Institute of Zoology) and Conservation and Policy (C&P) departments, in order to continue building a culture of improvement and engagement. As such the main purpose of the role is to provide high quality advice, support and guidance to managers on a full range of standard and complex casework and HR activities, with an emphasis on proactive intervention and development. The role will also include providing administrative, recruitment and organisational assistance as required. The successful applicant will report directly to the Senior HR Business Partner for Science, Conservation and Policy however, will have scope to work closely with the wider HR team and other areas of the business.
Main duties and key responsibilities:
- Advising staff and managers on how to deal with HR issues, HR Policy and employment law.
- Leading disciplinary investigations/meetings and grievance investigations/meetings.
- Keeping up to date with current employment law legislation.
- Ensuring that high standards of delivery are maintained with recruitment: liaising with managers on adverts and job descriptions, interviewing and appointing candidates.
- Be the Conservation and Science HR Team point of call for any HR systems queries or general assistance (within the team or external to it).
- Overseeing the probation process, ensuring that all meetings are happening at relevant times and that necessary action is taken.
- Monitoring sickness levels across Conservation & Science and ensuring that the sickness policy and process is applied as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be CIPD qualified and have experience of leading on employee relations case work, as well as having extensive HR admin experience.
- Have up to date knowledge of Employment Law (this is essential).
- Have proven experience of managing employee relations casework.
- Prior experience of using HR databases and other IT systems.
- Have an understanding of relevant employment law and recent case law outcomes.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills are a prerequisite for the job.
- Be independently driven, proactive and able to show initiative; with strong administrative skills.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent time and organisational management skills.
Please note: This is a full-time, 1 year fixed-term contract and the role will be based at ZSL London Zoo in Regents Park. Hours are generally 9am – 5:30pm (Monday – Friday) however a high degree of flexibility will be needed during busy periods. Coming from an organisation that embraces having a great customer focused environment, you will fit right at home working for this prominent charity.
What’s on Offer?
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more!
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 14th April 2019.
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
No agencies please.