Senior Communications Manager
A leading NHS Trust based in Central London
The post-holder will be required to work closely with a CCG and other external partners on this consultation to effectively and strategically lead the communications aspects of the consultation. This will include;
- leading the development and implementation of communications and engagement strategies,
- managing any arising issues that may affect the reputation of the consultation, including reactive press or stakeholder enquiries prior to, during, and post consultation,
- undertaking risk and mitigation work and engaging with key and influential stakeholders,
- overseeing all patients and resident engagement activities relating to the consultation.
- lead on the development, coordination and alignment of communications strategies for the organisation
- influence and engage with key internal and external stakeholders
- lead a programme of key communications activities including consultation communications, patient engagement, digital, stakeholder management and reputation management.
- lead on the development of high quality communications materials including patient information briefings, public and staff Q&As, leaflets, key messages, and information for the digital channels.
- lead the development and implementation of a crisis communications group for the organisation
- lead on the development and delivery of a new microsite for the organisation.
- attend programme board and project meetings to provide regular updates and progress reports when appropriate.
Experience in leading complex communications activities and a dedicated communications team.
Experience in leading communications activities for a major infrastructure project
Experience in leading communications for an NHS consultation
Experience in liaising with and influencing high-level executives and key stakeholders
Managing direct reports
Strategically using online platforms (intranet and external websites) to target audiences.
Proven organisational and project management experience
Writing, editing and producing strategic communications materials for print and online
Developing and maintaining effective and positive relationships with organisational leadership
Research and evaluation methods and techniques
Development of relevant policies
Working with sensitive/confidential issues
Working in the NHS/public sector
Maternity cover post
Brilliant NHS post