Head of Marketing
Job Title: Head of Marketing
Hours / contract: Full-Time / Permanent
The Mary Rose Trust is responsible for conserving and displaying the Mary Rose hull and her unique collection of artefacts for this and future generations. It is also responsible for developing the museum as a world-class visitor experience and as a scientific and educational resource.
The charity is now seeking to appoint a Head of Marketing to be responsible for budgeted ticket and group/trade sales, through optimum pricing, promotions, marketing initiatives and programming. The post holder will ensure the customer visitor experience is excellent and the needs of different customer segments are met. The role scope will vary from big picture strategic planning to hands on marketing activities. Working closely with the Head of PR you will ensure good publicity for the Mary Rose through traditional and digital media, ensuring maximum and profitable ticket sales.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a marketing leadership role.
- Track record of managing tickets and promotional partnerships that drive profitability
- Experience of working with limited budgets
- Experience of working with external marketing agencies
- Ability to analyse business data and draw evidenced conclusions for implementation
- Experience of working in multifunctional teams, managing staff and operating budgets of up to £1m
- Background within the visitor attraction/heritage industry is not essential but highly desirable
The ideal candidate will have a degree or equivalent qualifications and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will be an innovative and results focused individual who has the ability to juggle multiple priorities and be able to motivate a successful team.
This is a unique opportunity to make a difference for a national icon. To apply, please submit your CV and supporting statement as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference JO1648.
Closing date for applications: 15 April 2019
1st Interview date: 26 April 2019
2nd Interview date: 2 May 2019