Senior Direct Marketing Officer
Centrepoint is the UK’s leading charity for homeless young people. Working with over 10,000 young people every year, our vision is to end youth homelessness. While we pursue this vision, our immediate focus is on providing vulnerable young people with a place to call home and a chance to acquire the skills they need to build a better future.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Direct Marketing Officer to join our growing Individual Giving Team. This year Individual Giving generated over half of Centrepoint’s voluntary income and there are ambitious plans in place to grow our regular giving and cash income even further. Our development activities are essential in order for us to deliver this ambitious strategy.
Currently the development programme includes telephone fundraising, warm appeals, virtual gifts, newsletters and supporter journeys with a focus on the integration of digital channels to build and enhance relationships with our supporters. We are continually looking for ways to develop new ideas and fundraising propositions based on robust insight, in order to meet the needs and expectations of our audiences.
We work with industry-leading agencies and have the investment budget to make our income targets possible. This role works closely with internal teams including Data & Insight, Acquisition, Supporter Care, Digital and PR. In addition, this role will need to work with all of the Housing Support teams across England (London, Manchester, Yorkshire and the North East). Working closely with our Housing Support staff and young people is an essential part of this role.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of managing a successful development programme, with the support of the Direct Marketing Manager, delivering year on year growth to meet ambitious income targets.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven success of managing and delivering a varied development programme, utilising a number of direct marketing channels and ensuring the programme is in line with agreed annual budgets.
- Line management experience, motivating and supporting individuals to achieve targets and work in line Centrepoint values.
- Experience of data and targeting to ensure activities are reaching the right audience and delivering on budgeted income targets.
- Experience of managing internal stakeholder and external agency relationships to maximise the potential of each activity.
- Awareness of the external environment including staying up to date with technology, innovation and emerging trends in both the commercial and not for profit sectors, used to identifying opportunities to harness new developments to improve IG activity.
- Strong creative judgement with the ability to spot good ideas early and motivate agencies to deliver brilliant creative.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development and a host of staff benefits such as interest free travel loan and stakeholder pension scheme entitlement. You will work in a supportive yet challenging environment and take pride in the result of your efforts, which will have a direct impact on young people.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV with a supporting statement setting out how you meet the essential criteria listed in the job description. Please be advised that only once document can be uploaded on our website and you will need to combine your CV and supporting document into one document.
We seek to challenge discrimination and are committed to fairness and equality. We especially welcome applications from anyone with direct experience of being homeless or using young people’s services.