Digital Advice Coach
Digital Advice Coach x 3
Location: Stockport / Rochdale / Trafford
Salary: £18,070 per annum
Hours per week: 37
Type of contract: Fixed term
Closing date for applications: 10am, 10th April 2019
Interview date: Trafford 16th April, Rochdale 17th April, Stockport 18th April
How to apply: For a job pack and application form please visit our website via the Apply button.
Citizens Advice offers confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free. We give people the knowledge and the confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem. We help with everything from money issues to problems at work, housing to consumer rights.
Citizens Advice Stockport, Oldham, Rochdale and Trafford are working together to provide an innovative advice service across our 4 boroughs, and we have exciting opportunities in Stockport, Rochdale and Trafford at our new Digital Hubs.
As the lead digital advice coach, you’ll be central to developing and delivering this new service with a small team of volunteers. The role will involve running a busy reception ‘hub’ as you assess emergency needs and provide digital assistance to people who come to us for help.
The aim of the service is to direct people towards the appropriate advice resources they need to resolve their problem, with a particular focus on empowering them to access self-help information digitally. This will include:
- Making a brief assessment of the client’s enquiry and providing basic information
- Helping clients to access online advice and information and assisting them to submit electronic forms
- Supporting clients to access other parts of our services / partner services
- Supporting volunteers during sessions and guiding their ongoing development.
The essential skills you’ll have are:
- A professional manner with an ability to deal confidently and sensitively with members of the public
- An ability to gather and assess information quickly and accurately
- Excellent IT skills to support clients to access the range of digital channels available
- An ability to work under your own initiative and thrive in a fast-paced environment
We value the people who work here - and we show that in what we offer. Employee benefits include:
- 5% employer pension contribution
- 25 days paid leave plus bank holidays, increasing by one day per year for the next 5 years (pro rata for part time staff)
- Your birthday off
- Employee assistance scheme with 24/7 support service
- Employee discount scheme
This is an exciting and pivotal time for the growth of our front-line self-help services and we’re looking for self-motivated and hardworking people to join us on our journey. If you’re passionate about helping people, have the confidence to manage a busy reception and enjoy problem-solving, we’d love to hear from you.
Citizens Advice Stockport, Oldham, Rochdale, and Trafford are part of a network of Citizens Advice charities. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
More searches like this
- Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Rochdale
- Operations & Service Delivery Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Rochdale
- Finance & Legal Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Rochdale
- Volunteer Recruitment & Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Rochdale
- Digital Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Rochdale