High profile public sector business in heart of Bedford
- Provide communications support by liaising with relevant internal stakeholders whilst giving communications advice around emerging issues and exploring proactive opportunities.
- Act as the communications link between departments, maintaining good working relationships with the communications team and key internal stakeholders.
- Lead on campaigns and portfolios which support the current calander of events, sourcing proactive 'good news' stories to highlight the work of the organisation and give visibility in wider communications where appropriate.
- Create and distribute a monthly newsletter for stakeholders outlining current projects.
- Utilise and provide guidance to the wider team on the full range of internal and external communication channels (including social media) to communicate with the right audience, at the right time, in the right way. Publish news on the website, pull analytics reports and use software to ensure there are no broken links etc.
- To monitor the website and assess if everything is correct and up to date.
- Monitor traditional and social media and provide a weekly updates to key stakeholders.
- Work alongside the Head of Engagement to set up events which relate to the annual calender. Attend external events and engagements on behalf of the organisation if required.
- Ensure the consistent application of the brand and key messages through all proactive communications, both internally and externally.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with assigned partners and stakeholders ensuring that opportunities are maximised to deliver communications through partner-owned channels, delivering value for money.
To be successful in this role you must demonstrable experience of the following:
- Work experience in communications with a good understanding of press and media (print/radio/tv).
- Ability to field media calls, write press releases and liaise with journalists.
- Experience of working across web and social media channels.
£28-32k pro rata (opportunity to pay as hourly rate)
Contract until March 2020
Potential opportunity for part time hours for right candidate