Community Development Officer
Leading the way in resident managed housing Watmos' unique approach has put it at the forefront of transforming communities and exceeding expectations. We are seeking an outstanding and dedicated individual who shares our passion for improving people's lives.
This role involves assisting residents to bring about social change and improve the quality of life in their local area, conducting community development work to actively engage communities in making sense of the issues which affect their lives, setting goals for improvement and responding to problems and needs through empowerment and active participation. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational and written skills and have a good understanding of responding to community development needs.
- Liaise with and provide excellent communication services to tenants, leaseholders, residents and members of the public.
- Contribute to community engagement plans and initiatives to counter worklessness and financial exclusion on each TMO estate.
- Prepare and present written reports and performance information to Senior Managers, Tenant Management Committees and London Area Board (Watmos).
- Assist the Head of London Operations to develop customer service plans, strategies, policies and procedures for the London TMOs.
- Devise and deliver initiatives that make a positive difference to the lives of the local residents and the communities in which they live.
- Accountable for coordination and delivery of social programmes with external providers.
- Research external opportunities for training, employment and social programmes.
- Work with training organisations and employers to develop training, return to work and employment opportunities and cater for the unique circumstances of the residents.
- Build strong communities and vibrant neighbourhoods.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with service providers and local employers and training providers.
- Ensure that local resident involvement opportunities are available to all residents.
For further information please visit our website.
Closing Date: Wednesday 3rd April 2019 (23:59)