Head of Finance
Prospectus are working with a trade association for the UK leisure, superyacht and small commercial marine industry. They lead and promote the industry and work with members to achieve sustainable growth in a competitive global environment, through the provision of world-class goods and services. They support over 1500 members with a range of services and expertise which help their business.
Currently based in Surrey.
To lead the finance function, responsible for all financial aspects of the organisation. Work closely with the CEO and senior management team to support the delivery of the 5 year organisational strategy.
Candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) accountant
- Extensive experience of controlling a Group's finance function
- Experience of working with senior management team to drive continuous improvements across the organisation
- Experience of working in both commercial and not for profit organisations desirable
- Commercially minded with a 'lets make it better' attitude
- Experience of improving financial systems and processes in order to support an organisational strategy, experience of implementation of new finance systems desirable
- Experience of producing high quality management information including KPIs
- Experience of developing and managing a high-functioning team
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Proactive problem solver and commercial thinker
- Good working knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts or similar accounting packages
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel
- Experience of developing and maintaining excellent working relationship with auditors, bankers and other key financial stakeholders
- Experience of working with a non-executive treasurer/director is desirable
- Experience of undertaking complex analysis for management information purposes
- Ability to present complex financial matters in understandable formats to non-finance colleagues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please upload your CV in Word format. you can do this via the Prospectus website which you can access but clicking on the "Apply" button below.As part of the selection process candidates may be invited to meet with a consultant at our offices. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling bases so we do encourage you to apply.