The Vitol Group first began making charitable grants in 2002 and established the Vitol Foundation in 2006. Since that time, they have funded over 1800 projects in more than 120 countries around the world. Their purpose is to fund work that directly or indirectly supports children and families living in deprivation to escape the cycle of poverty and reach their potential in life. In 2018, the Vitol Foundation funded 180 projects with partner organisations in 77 countries. We are pleased to be working with the foundation to recruit an accomplished and capable Operations Manager to join its team.
This role will provide high quality administrative and operational support to the Vitol Foundation ('VF') team in order to support and improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. This role will also be responsible for engaging employees of the wider Vitol Group in the charitable activities of the foundation.
The successful candidate will have substantial experience in operational management, ideally (but not essentially) in the charity or not-for-profit sector. Grant making experience and Salesforce database knowledge will be particularly advantageous. This person will be highly organised and adaptable with the ability to use logic and initiative in providing strategic solutions across the breadth of the work of the foundation. Experience of servicing committees and organising and minuting high level meetings will also be very important for success in this role. Finally, an appreciation of the charitable work of the organisation across the world will be very valuable.
- Well organised, skilled at managing and prioritising multiple tasks
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to set priorities, think critically, objectively and strategically
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills
- Applies technical skills and evidence-based approach to all work
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and applies to building strong internal relationships
- Builds relationships based on integrity & mutual trust; recognises and understands differences in organisational culture and approach
- Engages effectively with internal and external stakeholders (where necessary), both listening & sharing knowledge & insights
- Ability to work well independently and within a team-oriented environment
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven administrative experience
- IT proficiency required (specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce)
- Interest and/or experience in the not-for-profit charitable sector.
To apply, please submit a Word Document version of your CV. Cover letters are not required at this stage; a full job description will be provided to candidates shortlisted by Prospectus.