Corporate Services Manager (Maternity Cover - One Year)
JOB TITLE: Corporate Services Manager (Maternity Cover - One Year)
Title – Corporate Services Manager
Type – Temporary (Maternity Cover)
Hours - 37.5 hours per week including occasional evening and weekend work for which time off in lieu is granted
Salary - £25,000 - £27,500
Job Location – Ealing
Holidays: 25 days, plus 8 statutory Days
Your Voice in Health and Social Care (YVHSC) is an independent organisation that gives people a voice to improve and shape services and help them get the best out of health and social care provisions. We are a provider of valued, required services that reflect the needs of the community whilst ensuring the needs of the communities within which we serve are represented.
YVHSC’s functions YVHSC signposts patients to various organisations/groups. This includes signposting and liaising with organisations about patient’s concerns and queries.
YVHSC holds the Healthwatch contract for Healthwatch Hounslow (HWH), Healthwatch Ealing (HWE) and Healthwatch Waltham Forest (HWWF) and Healthwatch Bromley (HWB). YVHSC’s staff and volunteers speak to local people about their experiences of health and social care services. YVHSC have a large pool of volunteers who visit various health and social care settings and public places to speak to patients. Comments and issues are raised with the commissioners of health and social care services.
YVHSC works alongside a number of providers and have carried out commissioned pieces of work for Clinical Commissioning Groups, Public Health, Hospitals and local authorities. YVHSC have also won community grants to work with the emerging community and carers.
The Corporate Services Team is actively responsible for supporting, developing and implementing YVHSC’s strategic plans in accordance with the company’s mission and vision statements. Managing the administration function of the company, and co-ordinating office processes and procedures to ensure organisational and operational effectiveness and efficiency. Actively supporting and submitting tender and grant documents. Managing a few of the HR function within the company together with management of information and IT systems and the facilities management. Based at YVHS’s head office in Ealing, the role will require some travel to ensure appropriate and timely communication across all levels throughout the company.
- Develop and produce monthly and quarterly performance indicator information for internal and external use in line with corporate objectives;
- Provide support to the CEO with the collation and distribution of board and committee papers;
- In conjunction with the CEO develop appropriate internal compliance checks and ensure that they are carried out on a timely basis;
- Carry out research, data analysis and surveying as required in respect of the corporate services function;
- Ensure the day to day management of the office facilities management contracts;
- Maintain appropriate levels of stationery and other supplies for the office;
- Provide support to the completion, production and dissemination of all internally produced information and reports.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with agreed policies and procedures so that quality is consistently achieved;
- Support the completion and submission of tender and grant submissions;
- Support the implementation of new services;
- Maintain high standards in relation to client and customer care;
- To take overall responsibility to ensure there is training and professional development of all staff throughout the organisation;
- Expected to disseminate the contractual requirements of new contracts to delivery team members;
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Administration Team, including the interview process, appraisals etc;
- Responsible for ensuring accurate monthly invoicing is undertaken for each contract and all the other services and vendors;
- Responsible for analysing reports generated to confirm appropriateness and accuracy;
- Responsible for ensuring the office is well maintained at all times including opening/closing checks on a daily basis;
- Responsible for developing and executing an operational business plan to ensure the successful delivery of the company strategy in line with timescales and budgets.
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting on organisational development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales.
- Liaising with other Service Operations managers so as to understand all necessary aspects of organisational development, and to ensure they are fully informed of organisational development objectives, purposes and achievements.
- A strong proven track record in relationship building and management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- An understanding of employability advice and recruitment needs for the hard to reach sector
- References to support consistent achievement of targets
- Previous experience of organising Board Meetings and meeting papers
- Previous experience of managing diverse and geographically dispersed teams
- The ability and commitment to adhere to all company policies and procedures and ensure that team members also adhere to them
- The ability to present at both internal and external meetings to support the achievement of company objectives
- This role requires an individual with dedication and passion to make this role a success.
- This role requires the person to carry on the duties in line with GDPR.
- The role will require sound analytical skills and a keen eye for detail. This is of particular importance with the role being integral to successful new business submissions where the CSM will be required to review and edit tender submission documents.
- This is a pivotal role in the company and therefore will incur a proportionate amount of extra workload.
- As a representative of YVHSC, the Corporate services Manager will be smart, positive, personable and well-presented.
- The role will need the ability to communicate at all levels, whilst developing an excellent understanding of the values of the company and living those values to fulfil the position.
- Strong IT literacy skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Interpersonal relationships, discretion and confidentiality
- Adaptability and flexibility – willing to work on a variety of projects and perform in multiple roles.
- Prepared to undertake an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check (DBS)
What support will you be given?
- An induction
- Full training on all aspects of the role.
- Regular updates on fresh information
- On-going support/liaison with an allocated person from Healthwatch
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 1-year experience in Health & Social Care
- Salary £25,000 - £27,000 (Based on Experience)
- You will have the right to live and work in the UK - unfortunately we are unable support Visa applications.
Please send us your CV and a cover letter that explains why you are interested in working for YVHSC. You will be shortlisted based on your cover letter and suitability for the role.