Senior Media and Content Officer
Large complex public sector body based in city centre Manchester
The role of the Senior Media and Content Officer is to undertake proactive and reactive media management, communication and engagement activity implementing and delivering strategies and plans. Ensure communications support meets its core objectives, including the management and enhancement of the organisation's reputation.
The role will also include the following responsibilities:
Complete complex communications and media management related activities, utilising knowledge of specialist procedures, to provide technical specialist communications support services to the business.
Design and develop materials or provide information for use by internal or external audiences to ensure they are well informed
May provide supervision of staff, allocating work, co-ordinating day-to-day activities and providing guidance to enable the smooth delivery of services
Monitor performance taking corrective action as required and ensuring the provision of appropriate development activities to enable team members to perform at their best
Respond to requests from various stakeholders, providing specialist advice in order to deliver the information they require
Monitor systems, processes and practices within communication teams, plan and carry out regular reviews to identify opportunities for improvement in light of changing needs, feedback and/or current best practice thinking.
Communicate with a wide range of internal/external stakeholders on area of specialism to ensure they have the specialist information that they need
Act as a lead delivery resource on project work streams related to communications and media management related activities to support project delivery to time, cost and quality standards
Oversee the work of contractors and suppliers on a day-to-day basis to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of services
Maintain positive working relationships across the business and drive consistency of approach and standards to support wider organisational effectiveness.
Create, produce, proof, commission, distribute and publish compelling, engaging and creative content including press releases, statements, written materials, blogs, articles, social media content and video scripts, working with internal and external partners where appropriate
Coordinate the recruitment, development and management of case studies and people-focused stories.
Implement and embed a 'people-focused' approach to content across all channels
Identify opportunities to deliver creative and engaging content as part of wider communications campaigns
The successful Media and Content Officer will have the following experience:
- Substantial experience of working with the media.
- Experience of devising and delivering communications campaigns to support key organisational priorities.
- Knowledge of current communications methods and trends, including social media.
- Experience of producing high quality content across multiple channels with the evidenced ability to translate complex issues into appropriate formats for target audiences.
- Experience of processes and procedures in a specialist area.
- Experience of using software related to own area of specialism to extract, analyse and report on data.
- Ability to communicate/present complex information concisely and to a non-technical audience.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Substantial experience of working in a multi-channel communications role
£27,000 - £31,000 plus benefits