Lewisham Homes is an ambitious and growing organisation managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council, as well as building new homes and investing in the local community.
They are a not-for-profit organisation leading the borough's first council housing development programme in 30 years.
With a new Chief Executive, they have big ambitions for the future. Not least is to deliver Lewisham Mayor's target of building 1,000 new social homes in the borough by 2022.
As an organisation they deliver services to a range of diverse residents in general needs and independent living homes as well as temporary accommodation and hostels; in addition, one third of homes are leasehold.
- Overseeing the design and delivery of an effective Communications strategy with a strong focus on employee and stakeholder engagement.
- Implement and manage the delivery of the PR, Social Media and Advertising and Communications plan
- Lead on the delivery of communications initiatives to support the business plan and ensure communications are developed in line with the changing needs of the organisation, liaising with stakeholders across the business to source news stories to increase employee engagement
- Lead the creation of company-wide communications to inform and engage employees with organisation's strategic objectives and key messages
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues to ensure that Directorate specific communication is aligned to company-wide messaging
- Ensure the creation of content driven campaigns, delivering consistent and clear communications across the business to include strong editing, copy writing and proof reading
- Reputation management in order to foster public confidence in the management of the organisation including responsive service to incidents and keeping stakeholders informed
- To maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including local politicians, engaged residents and senior managers
- Deliver and embed the business partnering approach to support teams on building the right communications plans and execution to support business goals
- Manage the creation of the events calendar, investigating and proposing opportunities that may be beneficial for organization
- Managing and leading the communications team of four, motivating and coaching the team to operational success
- Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy and championing the Vision and Values of the organisation
- Experience of designing and delivering internal and external communications strategy
- Significant experience of working in senior level communication role, including managing a team
- Experience of working at a strategic level within an external and internal communications environment
- Acts as a role model and change catalyst within the business, articulating and promoting the Vision and Values of the organisation while promoting engagement within the Directorate
- Ability to relate to people and influence stakeholders at all levels while communicating ideas and opinions clearly
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction with a commitment to Make a Difference and active engagement in promoting it
- Encourages a culture of imaginative thinking and genuinely listen to ideas from employees and stakeholders
- Shows evidence of clear analytical thinking and gets to the heart of complex problems and issues
- Thinks broadly and strategically, focusing on results
- Previous experience within the housing sector and/or with local governments
- Salary of £50,000-£55,000 depending on experience
- Generous benefits