Our client is looking for a self-motivated, professional and enthusiastic individual to lead on delivering their Childhood Stroke Support Service. This role is based in the Evelina London Children’s Hospital, working closely with a multi-disciplinary team to support families impacted by strokes in children
Our client is the leading UK stroke charity. They have been leading the fight against stroke for over 20 years. They influence and campaign to improve stroke care and support people to make the best possible recovery.
This is a very exciting time for the charity and they hope you will join them on our journey. They believe in a world where there are fewer strokes and all those touched by stroke get the help they need. They fund world-class research to develop new treatments and ways to prevent the devastation of stroke. Breakthroughs in treatment have halved the number of people dying from stroke in the UK, but it is still the second biggest killer in the world. That is why they are involved in projects across the globe.
Together we can conquer stroke.
Position: Childhood Stroke Support Manager
Location: London- Office based at the Evelina London Children’s Hospital
Hours: 35 hours per week (part time hours will be considered).
Salary: Circa £25,700 per annum plus £3,299 Inner London weighting
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (this will increase with service up to 30 days, full time equivalent) cashback and discount scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development, pension scheme, Life Assurance, season ticket loan, Eye Care vouchers, Long Service Award, Cycle2Work scheme, Tax-free childcare, Health Cash Plan, Working Pattern Agreement.
Closing Date: 31 March 2019
Interview Dates: 5 April 2019
This role sits within the Stroke Support Directorate and works very closely with colleagues across other directorates including: Policy & Influencing, PR, Research and the Income Generation teams.
The post holder will be responsible for delivering the following:
- Delivering the Childhood Stroke Support Service within the Evelina London Children’s Hospital
- Providing national advisory service to families and professionals by telephone and email and supporting colleagues in their work with children and families
- Planning and managing two annual Parent/Carer Support & Information Days
- Scoping out emotional support options for parents and young people
- Providing navigation, advocacy and support to parents and children affected by stroke whilst they are at the Evelina Hospital
- Linking families with the inpatient and community rehabilitation teams and other care providers upon their discharge to homes across London and the South East Coast regions of England
- Offer childhood stroke awareness raising sessions to schools within London and the South East and phone and email support to educational professionals on a UK wide basis
- Support families to access appropriate financial support including accessing Life After Stroke grants
- Providing a telephone and email support service to families across the UK – including enabling them to access a wide range of rehabilitation and community activities
- Continue with development of stakeholder engagement, including coordinating and chairing the Childhood Stroke External Reference Group meetings and activity and strengthening links with other hospitals.
- Providing volunteer management and support for volunteers in the service
You will have experience of supporting children and families in a health, social care or educational setting. You must be able to work with independently and be able to take the initiative.
The role will require you to have your own car with business use cover and a current driving licence.
Other roles you may have experience of could include; Childhood Support Manager, Support Manager, Rehabilitation Support Manager, Child Support Manager, Stroke Awareness, Stroke Support, Stroke Rehabilitation