Housing & Support Officer (Higher Needs)

EasyWeb NFP
£21,500 pa + £1,500 pa extra responsibility allowance + sleep in allowances + benefits
18 Mar 2019
12 Apr 2019
Full Time
Contract Type

Housing & Support Officer (Higher Needs) 

Our client is a charity and housing provider. They provide housing and support to more than 1,000 homeless and vulnerable people each year, helping them to develop the skills and confidence to live independently. 

Position: Housing & Support Officer - Higher Needs 
Location: Walton on Thames, KT12 
Job type: Full Time, 18 months Fixed Term Contract 
Hours: 39 hours per week 
Salary: £21,500 pa + £1,500 pa extra responsibility allowance + sleep in allowances + benefits 

Closing Date: 14th April 2019 

About the role: 

A truly exciting opportunity to help vulnerable people as a Housing & Support Officer (Fixed Term) in their Project in Walton-on-Thames. 

Their Elmbridge team delivers services to a diverse client group including young people, people with learning disabilities or mental health problems, and people with a history of homelessness. 

Acting as a keyworker to named clients, you will be involved in everything from assisting clients to acquire daily living skills and play an active role in their own futures, liaising with professionals from a variety of agencies, day to day property management, making applications for welfare and housing benefits and maintaining accurate and up to date records, so you can expect plenty of variety. 

About you: 

Ideally you will have six months’ experience of working with at least one of the client groups supported by the team, as well as knowledge of supported housing and the benefits system. Above all, you must be keen to learn fast and make a real difference, be highly organised, methodical and team-spirited. 

Open to trainees: 

No experience of working in Supported Housing? Don’t be put off – if you have the desire and aptitude for helping people change their lives, they will be able to consider taking you on initially as a Trainee. 

It is essential that you have a full valid driving licence that will allow for occasional use of manual pool vehicles and use of your own car for business purposes. 

You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Housing, Vulnerable People, Charities, Social Worker, Community Development, Volunteer, Housing Support Worker, Challenging Behaviour, Third Sector, Residential Care Worker, Charity, Voluntary Sector etc.

Similar jobs

Similar jobs