An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic HR Manager to join our client in a varied role working in a generalist capacity on HR projects and operational issues.
They are the leading national charity working with single parent families, providing expert advice, practical support and campaigns to improve the lives of single parent families.
Role: HR Manager
Location: Kentish Town, London
Salary: £39,643 (pro rata for part time)
Hours: 28 to 35 hours (flexible)
Closing date: Monday 8th April at 10.00
Interviews: w/c 15th April
Benefits: Excellent work-life balance policies for all staff, flexible working including working at home, part time working, job sharing and more, onsite parking, close public transport links, on site café, site yoga classes, 28 days leave per year rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service and all public holidays (pro-rata for part time staff), office closure between Christmas and New Year, pension contribution is 5% of salary to a workplace pension scheme (subject to employee contribution) and career development opportunities.
Single parents make up about a quarter of all families with children. Despite the positive changes achieved over the past 100 years, inequality and disadvantage still stand in the way of single parents providing their families with the security they deserve and the opportunities to flourish. Our clients mission is to champion and enable single parent families to live secure, fulfilling and happy lives.
In this role you will be joining them at an exciting time having recently celebrated their 100th year, a new three-year strategy and a strong fundraising focus, supported by their CEO and Board of Trustees.
They provide a bright, open plan office in bustling Kentish Town, a friendly working environment, with opportunities to socialise with colleagues through lunches and on site yoga classes, generous work life balance policies – they are proud of their range of policies to support staff, which include working at home, part time working, job sharing and more, generous annual leave and a pension scheme.
As part of the role, you will need:
- To contribute at both a strategic and operational level in order to identify HR priorities and recommend appropriate people management solutions which support their strategic aims.
- To be the main point of contact for all HR queries, provide professional advice and support to managers and staff on all aspects of people management and development
- To provide daily administrative support and be responsible for the administrative duties of the HR function, including overseeing the management of our online HR system (Breathe HR) and updating databases and files.
You will have a high degree of initiative and motivation and will be able to develop effective working relationships at all levels. You will be able to work autonomously, driving high standards and fostering a culture of continuous improvement across the organisation.
You will also have an understanding of Safeguarding, data protection and good administration skills. Access to a car available for business use and a driving license is advantageous.
Our client welcomes applications from all sections of the community, including single parents and those with caring responsibilities. An Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service is required.
You may also have experience as HR Business, HR Advisor, Senior HR Advisor, Head of HR, HR Manager.
More searches like this
- Senior Management Community Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Management Community Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Operations & Service Delivery Community Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Human Resources Community Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Volunteer Recruitment & Management Community Full Time jobs in London (Greater)