ZSL is seeking an Executive Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer and Managing Director of Business Services “CFO & MD of Business Services” who will proactively provide first-class support across a full spectrum of secretarial, administrative, to the CFO & MD of Business Services.
Position: Executive Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer and Managing Director of Business Services
Hours: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: £30,983 - £35,146 pa inclusive of London Weighting (commensurate with experience) plus benefits
Location: ZSL London Zoo – NW1
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering – working for wildlife.
Overview of role:
This will involve comprehensive day-to-day support in the form of diary management, acting as the first point of contact on all matters, arranging travel, meetings, conference calls, as well as ad-hoc support for internal events and projects when required. You will also act as the key contact between the CFO and Heads of Departments, Trustees / Board of Directors, liaising with all board members regarding meetings, including the preparation of papers, agendas and where necessary take minutes at meetings and provide general office management support.
The job will also provide support to:
- the Head of Strategy and Impact on administration and initiatives for the implementation of ZSL’s strategy, the development of performance reports on the Society’s impact and other projects; and
- the wider Business Services Directorate, in particular the heads of department in relation to diary support, arranging meetings and papers, minute taking, travel arrangements, and other administrative support as directed.
Reporting directly to the CFO and MD of Business Services, this key position requires a highly organised, reliable and resilient individual who can use their initiative to problem solve. The successful candidate will have the ability to multi-task and stay calm under pressure and build strong relationships with a range of key stakeholders. This is a fantastic position for an individual looking for employment in an international organisation. You will have exposure to a variety of departments. If you have the imagination to not only problem solve but to also help improve communications across the department, then we would love to hear from you.
- Managing diary requirements, arranging meetings and appointments, ensuring time is maximised and deadlines are met.
- Play a fundamental role in being the first point of contact for all incoming calls, dealing with correspondence and communication with internal and external contacts and visitors for the CFO, maintaining strict confidentiality. Use initiative to assess appropriate response to communication, keeping the CFO abreast of matters and ensuring required level of input from the CFO.
- Planning and coordinating various projects, including setting agendas, producing and circulating minutes in a timely manner and following up on agreed actions.
- Support the CFO, Head of Strategy and Impact with discrete pieces of work which may include producing mini reports, PowerPoint presentations, emails, letters, business plans and project documents, ensuring data is presented effectively and professionally.
- Support the Strategy Leadership Group and other strategic working groups in terms of meeting organisation, co-ordination, notes, actions, etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven Executive Assistant experience ideally working with CEO / Directors / Senior Management.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working without close supervision and using their initiative; is able to identify ways of improving efficiency, dealing with issues proactively.
- Excellent administration skills required with experience in devising and developing management frameworks and tracking progress against milestones.
- Experience managing projects and/or organising and supporting the running of events.
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders including VIPs.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills including strong shorthand and excellent typing skills.
- Displays tact and diplomacy, dealing discreetly with confidential information and in a secure way.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details are critical along with the ability to prioritise workloads.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally, presenting a professional confident image.
- Previous experience assisting with invoices, expenses, VAT, receipt.
- Proven ability to work under pressure with a high degree of accuracy and to tight deadlines.
- Intermediate IT skills, with a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Ability to recognise the organisation structure and adapt behaviour accordingly to improve comms / networking.
Please note: Please note this is a full-time, permanent position based at ZSL London Zoo in Regents Park. Office hours are generally 9am – 5:30pm (Monday – Friday) however a high degree of flexibility will be needed to support the CFO and Managing Director of Business Services / ZSL business needs. This may involve working some late evenings, events, or weekend however time off in lieu will be given.
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more!
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 24th March 2019.
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
No agencies please.
More searches like this
- Marketing Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Administration Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Operations & Service Delivery Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Business Development & Commercial Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- PR & Communications Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)