Strategic Programme Manager (Physical Activity)
Strategic Programme Manager (Physical Activity)
Location: Office based (Chesterfield or London) / Home-based
Hours: Full-time 35 hours per week (part-time, 28 hours considered)
· London £50,000 pa pro-rata
· Rest of UK £46,500 pa pro-rata
· With Home working allowance £390 pa pro-rata (if applicable)
Benefits: Read more about what we offer on our website
Contract type: fixed term, 12 months
Closing date: by midnight on Sunday 31 March
Download the job description and person specification from our website
We’re looking for a Strategic Programme Manager to lead on our physical activity programme to collate existing research evidence, insight, learning and practical experiences while working alongside people with arthritis and musculoskeletal conditions to enable us to determine the best way of tackling barriers and build opportunities to increase activity levels so that people with arthritis are able to lead full and active lives.
If you have the drive, adaptability, confidence appraising research evidence and excellent interpersonal skills to help define, develop and ensure the effective management of our cross-organisational project in support of our physical activity strategy, then we’d like to hear from you!
About the role
As our Strategic Programme Manager you will report to the Director of Policy, Health and Social Care Improvement. You will synthesise and derive recommendations from the insight that sits across the charity (beneficiary, supporter and market insights) alongside evidence from research, published guidelines and existing physical activity programmes. Based upon this analysis, the postholder will propose a practical, impactful and sustainable programme of activity that will enable Versus Arthritis to support people with arthritis and musculoskeletal conditions to improve their health through increased physical activity.
This role will suit a candidate able to evaluate evidence and opportunity and use this to develop consensus amongst beneficiaries and stakeholders and define an impactful and sustainable programme of activity. Your analysis, drive, inter-personal skills, creative problem-solving and confidence will be used to help define, develop and plan for a long-term programme of activity.
Our ideal candidate will have:
· Significant experience of planning, managing, delivering and evaluating a range of projects.
· Experience working with multiple stakeholders, in complex organisations, to deliver large-scale and/or national programmes of work.
· Experience at a strategic or corporate planning level in market research, insight collection and analysis
· A sophisticated understanding of the charity sector, and the dynamics around business decision making, change and strategic planning.
· Public Health related qualification or equivalent experience in health, social care and public health environment
· Ability to search, appraise, summarise evidence, and research methodology from a wide variety of sources in a strategic way
· Experience of working with and/or supporting people with long-term health conditions/disabilities at a strategic level
· Ability to confidently disseminate and present clear insights and recommendations to a variety of audiences, in a way that informs and influences their decision making
· Ability to influence, negotiate and persuade others in a wide setting including senior leaders in the organisation, external stakeholders and internal colleagues.
· Strong project management and organisational ability
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
1. a concise, up-to-date CV
2. along with a completed supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification
Email your completed application by midnight on Sunday 31 March to email@example.com
First interviews expected: Tuesday 9 April at our London office in Farringdon
Second interviews are planned for Tuesday 16 April in London.
Arthritis causes pain, fatigue and isolation for 17.8 million people in the UK every single day. It can impact on the ability to work, our relationships and take away our independence. We don’t accept this.
We are Versus Arthritis. We are volunteers, healthcare professionals, researchers and friends, all doing everything we can to push back against arthritis. We’re reaching out to everybody with the information and support they need, funding vital research and changing the way society sees arthritis. Together we’ll keep running, researching, inﬂuencing, volunteering, advising, chatting, baking, listening. We won’t stop until no-one has to tolerate living with the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about what we do, working for us and what we offer on our website.
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156