Events Fundraising and Engagement Officer
Events Fundraising and Engagement Officer
About Our Client
Our client is a national charity that helps those affected by mental illness. They aim to challenge attitudes and change lives. Currently, they directly support almost 60,000 people every year across England, helping them through crises, to live independently and to realise they are not alone.
Our client is part of a group of mental health charities in each of the four nations in the UK. They’re working together to raise funds so that more people across the UK can access support for their own mental health and for friends and family members who are affected by mental illness.
They are now looking for an Events Fundraising and Engagement Officer to drive fundraising initiatives across England and engage with supporters to enable the achievement of an ambitious fundraising goal.
- Salary of £22,407 Plus Inner London Weighting of £3,285
- Annual increments to top of pay scale
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Excellent development prospects
- Paid eye tests (where appropriate) plus up to £55 towards new glasses or lenses
- The opportunity to make a real difference with a pioneering charity
- 33 days’ holiday per annum including Bank Holidays
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with customer or supporter engagement experience and a strong grounding in fundraising or marketing to take their next step with a vital charity.
Awareness of mental health issues is a key topic in today’s society and our client is leading the way in supporting and aiding those affected. You’ll discover a passionate and dedicated group of people who drive innovative campaigns, raise funds and change minds about mental illness.
So, if you are looking for the chance to grow your career prospects whilst supporting a vital charitable cause, apply today.
As an Events Fundraising and Engagement Officer, you will develop and deliver exciting and compelling fundraising engagement plans for event participants to drive fundraising.
Working across all events associated with our client’s group, you will act as the first point of contact for event enquiries via telephone or email and will ensure that all participants are supported in their fundraising. This will include people who are personally affected by mental illness.
Your role will also involve:
- Overseeing a portfolio of events for the group and the partner charities
- Managing the engagement for major fundraising events
- Managing the engagement plan for other public events including runs, cycles and treks
- Working with the Corporate Partnerships Team to manage event stewardship for corporate supporters
- Creating compelling fundraising engagement messages
- Ensuring fundraising targets are being met
To be considered as a Events Fundraising and Engagement Officer, you will need:
- Previous experience in customer or supporter engagement
- Experience in developing and measuring key performance indicators to meet and exceed income targets
- Previous experience in working with CRM systems, ideally Salesforce
- A fundraising or marketing related professional qualification
Experience of delivering charity partnership corporate events support would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Supporter Engagement Officer, Fundraising Officer, Charity Events Officer, Event Fundraising Officer, Event Support Officer, Event Marketing Officer, or Charity Marketing Officer.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to do something amazing as an Events Fundraising and Engagement Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.