Fundraising and Engagement Coordinator
Position: Fundraising and Engagement Coordinator
Location: UK Home-based, South of England with travel in UK and overseas (occasional)
Hours: Part-time, 0.5 FTE (afternoons preferable but must be flexible)
Experience: Must have 3 years experience in charity administration
Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata per annum
- World Bicycle Relief (WBR) mobilises people through the Power of Bicycles. We believe in a world where distance is no longer a barrier to education, healthcare and economic opportunity. Our mission is to provide sustainable, appropriate bicycle transportation to mobilise and empower individuals and communities so they can travel to schools, clinics and markets.
- WBR’s purpose is to relieve the needs of people living in impoverished or disaster-stricken areas of the world by the provision of bicycles to enable them to access education, employment, healthcare and other essentials of life.
- Founded in 2005, in response to the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami, World Bicycle Relief mobilises people through The Power of Bicycles. World Bicycle Relief accomplishes its mission by distributing specially designed, high quality bicycles through philanthropic and social enterprise programmes. These purpose-designed bicycles are built to withstand the challenging terrain and conditions in rural, developing areas. Entrepreneurs use the bicycles to increase productivity and profits. Students attend class more regularly and their academic performances improve. And, health care workers visit more patients in less time, providing better, more consistent care.
- World Bicycle Relief also promotes local economies and long-term sustainability by assembling bicycles locally and training field mechanics to service the bicycles. To date, World Bicycle Relief has delivered over 470,000 bicycles and trained over 1,500 field mechanics in Africa, Southeast Asia and South America. World Bicycle Relief is a registered not-for profit in the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Switzerland and Germany. We support programmes in over 15 developing countries, and have assembly facilities in Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- The Marketing and Technology team in WBR NFP in Chicago provide global marketing, website and social media services.
About the Position:
- We need a dynamic Fundraising and Engagement Coordinator. You will have proven experience of building relationships through fundraising, communications or marketing. You will engage and involve our supporters with our work and future plans, ensuring they feel fully part of the difference we are making.
- Understanding both the diversity and importance of our global organisation, our UK friends, subscribers and other supporters to our future, you will plan and implement an engaging programme of communications for existing networks, as well as reaching and inspiring new donors. An excellent administrator, you will manage the communications to UK donors, members, partners, and maintain accurate records of donations through our global CRM system.
- The role is currently home-based; ideally, you will live in the south of England. Most external meetings will be in London, but you may be required to travel throughout the UK and overseas to visit country programmes and attend the annual global conference.
You will be responsible for: Donor Engagement
- Building and implementing a strong donor communications plan for fundraising and engagement for individuals, based on an understanding of our current position, our unique stakeholder mix, and the opportunities available within the UK but adhering to global strategy.
- Managing and growing existing supporter groups, including the membership scheme, as part of this plan.
- Communications with our personal and challenge fundraisers and UK donors.
- Administration of our global database for the UK sector.
- Managing supporter interactions on our database appropriately, including tailoring and sending out e-newsletters, appeals and other communications to specific groups.
- Monitoring and reviewing responses to communications and appeals and responding accordingly.
- Management of our UK web content, ensuring it is clear, compelling, accurate and up to date.
- UK digital marketing, working closely with global colleagues to engage and build relationships with supporters to develop fundraising outcomes.
- Supporting colleagues to build WBRUK networks and profile by attending fundraising and networking events as required.
- Administration of financial payments and donations to WBR UK to include third party donation websites and ensure that they are correctly entered into global database.
- Management of print projects, commissioning design and print and taking responsibility for writing and/or editing and liaison with global Marketing team.
- Ordering and maintaining stock levels of fundraiser incentives.
- Ensuring prompt and personal acknowledgement for supporters.
- Co-ordinating the administration and processing of incentives.
- Maintaining the UK portion of the global database of donors and contacts, updating contact and other information as required.
- Producing reports on donor engagement and progress achieved.
- Writing, sending and filing all fundraising correspondence including thank you letters/emails.
- Maintaining confidentiality of information, observing data protection laws and adhering to fundraising best practice.
- Undertaking other administrative duties as required by the role and the WBRUK team.
You bring with you:
- Fundraising and/or marketing and communications experience (3+ years)
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills with the understanding and ability to adapt your style and tone for different audiences.
- The ability to build warm, professional and trusting relationships with individuals.
- An eye for detail and for presenting information visually.
- Ability of working to deadlines.
- Experience of managing external suppliers.
- Attention to detail and a meticulous approach to work.
- Experience of the Microsoft Office and Adobe.
- Experience of MailChimp system.
- Flexibility with working times.
- Excellent working knowledge of social media and digital marketing.
- Database Management – preferably non-profit specific or knowledge of Salesforce.
- Digital design skills.
- Industry awareness – both charitable and cycling sectors.
- Clean, full UK driving license essential.
Qualities we are seeking in a candidate:
- Commitment to the principles of development work, with the ability to grasp the issues and communicate WBR’s work effectively.
- Self-motivated; happy to work independently, flexibly, and as part of a team.
- Self-starter, with the ability to organise and prioritise own workload.
- Creative, enthusiastic and positive individual.
- A high level of computer literacy.
You should know:
- This position will initially be part-time although with the expansion of the organisation, could well grow into a full-time role. It will require some evening and weekend hours and there will be travel involved around the UK. Additionally, you will be required to attend the global fundraising summit in USA annually.
- The position is currently home-based, but you must be prepared to travel to meet with the CEO, Development Director and other global staff as well as fundraisers and to help with UK based events. An appropriate office space at home with sufficient space to keep WBR marketing collateral is required.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Education Part Time jobs in South West England
- Administration Education Part Time jobs in South West England
- Community Fundraising Education Part Time jobs in South West England
- Events Fundraising Education Part Time jobs in South West England
- Major Donor/ Gifts Education Part Time jobs in South West England