Part-time Book Keeper
Part-time Book Keeper
Location: Kilburn, London NW6
Salary: £14.5 per hour
Hours: 6 hours per week Tuesday and/or Thursdays
Line manager: Finance Officer
Latin American House is a fabulous organisation that has supported Latin Americans in London and the local community in Kilburn since 1983. We are a registered charity and company limited by guarantee since 2008. We currently have five services including children’s education, legal and social advice, adult education, culture and community.
Our aims are to become the go-to organisation for Latin Americans in London and a centre of excellence in everything we do, promoting Latin American culture and supporting the Latin American community.
We are looking for a dynamic Book Keeper to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to join Latin American House at a new phase of development and overall improvement of the organisation, and there will be opportunities for development and growth.
Working alongside the Finance Officer and Director, the role involves full responsibility for entries in Sage, and assisting in the internal and external financial and operational transactions of the charity in accordance with guidelines established by the Director and Trustees Board.
The ideal candidate will be studying towards becoming a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA, AAT, CIMA, ICEAW, etc.) and will have good attention to detail, initiative, knowledge of charitable and commercial enterprises and a keen interest in the mission and work of Latin American House. A basic level of Spanish language would be advantageous.
There will be interaction with beneficiaries, clients, suppliers and the wider team, and so the role requires someone who is hands-on, proactive, with good communication skills and able to play a role in proper financial control and improving internal processes, enhancing customer experience and sales.
- Input cashbook entries into Sage, including donations, purchases and sales
- Issue and file invoices to clients, ensuring appropriate entries in Sage
- File receipts for and reconcile petty cash
- Assist with monthly and quarterly reporting
- Contribute to the growth of income generating activities and cost control
- Review internal controls and procedures consistent with director’s broad policies and objectives
- Other ad hoc tasks to assist with the finances, supporting objectives, plans and organisational development
- Book-keeping, accuracy and attention to detail in order to keep financial records
- Experience with Sage – we use Sage 50, and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. An excellent candidate with knowledge of other accountancy packages would be considered.
- Able to think on their feet, and use initiative working effectively to meet deadlines
- Capable of creating efficient working relationship with team and clients
- Energetic and self-starter, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong academic and financial background
- Well organised, with capacity to plan and prioritise
- Charity accounting experience would be a plus but not essential
- Latin American languages or interest in learning one of them or the culture is a plus
We are an equal opportunities employer, and are committed to giving people the same opportunities for employment, pay, and promotion, without discrimination against anyone.
To apply, please fill in and e-mail the application form to Latin American House at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject BOOK KEEPER AT LATIN AMERICAN HOUSE or call us on 020 7372 8653 if you require further information.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 17th March
Interview date: Thursday 21st of March