Major Donor Grants Manager
Major Donor Grants Manager
- Hertfordshire Community Foundation
- Based in Hatfield, Hertfordshire
- Salary up to £32,000 pa (FTE) based on experience + benefits
- 14 hours per week (0.4 FTE), permanent post or self employed
- Requests for flexible working will be considered
Hertfordshire Community Foundation is the natural port of call for grant making and philanthropy in Hertfordshire and supports voluntary and community organisations across the county. HCF provides a professional service to support donors, whether individuals, businesses or other organisations to achieve their local charitable giving objectives. Since 1988 HCF has distributed in excess of £11m in grant aid and has supported over 1000 charitable groups. Additionally HCF provides training and development support to the voluntary sector through HCF Training & Development.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Major Donor Grants Manager to work in partnership with a small selection of HCF’s key donors. This is a new position designed to ensure excellent stewardship of HCF’s major donors and to ensure that HCF provides first rate, proactive philanthropic and grant making services.
The newly appointed Major Donor Grants Manager will focus on identifying new projects for support, initially focusing on Hertfordshire’s most deprived areas. He or she will additionally visit organisations receiving major grants as part of HCF’s monitoring and assessment process. He or she will also proactively identify opportunities for a more collaborative partnership between grant recipients and HCF’s major donors.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in supporting and promoting effective community philanthropy. Reporting to the Foundation Director and working alongside HCF’s grants team the Major Donor Grants Manager will provide a range of services to a select portfolio of major donors, ensuring the effective management of grants and high level stewardship.
Fund and Relationship Management
- Proactively seek and identify opportunities for collaborative grant making focusing on maximising the return and impact of all grants awarded.
- Manage a small portfolio of funds, ensuring their effectiveness and supporting their further development.
- Assess, manage and evaluate grants in line with HCF’s development strategy and donor wishes
- Attend and manage quarterly meetings with major donors to review applications and provide updates on projects currently receiving support.
Grant Application Management
- Assess applications within set timescales
- Undertake monitoring visits
- Use HCF’s database, Salesforce, to accurately process grants and donations.
- Produce annual reports for major donors
- Identify and ensure best practice procedures are adhered to.
- Carry out any task as deemed appropriate by the Foundation Director
- Attend appropriate training as required
The ideal candidate
With previous account management, relationship management and/or grant and donor management experience you will demonstrate an ability to work with a range of key donors providing exceptional donor stewardship. You may have either a commercial or charity background. In addition, your strong analytical and communication skills combined with your ability to think strategically and creatively will ensure HCF provides the best possible service to its key donors.
Essential skills and experience include:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of account management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to think creatively and to identify opportunities
- A good understanding of the voluntary sector and community issues
- Computer literate
- Strong commitment to the values of the Community Foundation, including equality and diversity
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and the ability to cope well under pressure
- A good team player who is able to support colleagues
- Willingness to undertake occasional evening/weekend duties and travel outside of the region
- Access to a car with a clean driving licence
Desirable experience includes:
- Experience of grant-making
- A local knowledge of the voluntary and community sector
- Experience of working in a development, fundraising or sales environment
For further information
For an informal discussion and to find out more please contact Foundation Director, Helen Gray on 01707 280339 (Monday-Thursday).
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining why you think you are suited to this position and what you can bring to this role to Sarah Tisdall, Office Manager, E: firstname.lastname@example.org by using the apply section below.
Closing date: Monday 25th March 2019
Interview date: Friday 29th March 2019