Insights & Evaluation Executive
Understanding people and how they engage with wildlife is at the heart of what we do at ZSL. From the community around and visitors to both ZSL London and ZSL Whipsnade Zoos, to people who donate or volunteer their time to support our cause, you’ll play an important part in helping us to understand more about our audience needs and to provide actionable audience insight, formative and summative evaluations.
Insights and Evaluation Executive
Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: £31,759 - £33,823 per annum inclusive of London Weighting (dependent on experience)
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering – working for wildlife.
The core responsibilities of the Insights and Evaluation Executive will include supporting the Audience Insights Manager to deliver the audience insights programme and managing their own evaluation projects. The aim of the team is to develop a clear understanding of ZSL’s existing and potential audiences and to engage the wider organisation with these audiences, their needs, behaviours and engagement with the Zoos.
This role will play an important part in the new community engagement and outreach programme at ZSL London Zoo (as part of the HLF-funded redevelopment of the Snowdon Aviary), undertaking the 5 year evaluation. You will be responsible for reporting on audience KPI’s and developing recommendations and insights to inform the project and the ongoing visitor experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To support the management of ZSL Zoos’ Visitor Exit, Benchmarking and Online Survey programme, including ensuring that correct questions are being asked and individual questionnaires are correctly designed; ensuring that visitor research across ZSL is of high quality.
- To work across departments to co-ordinate research and to help staff understand how customer insight and research can be used in their work and to assist departments with their audience insight needs.
- Work in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, particularly the Community Engagement team and Communications colleagues, to lead the successful delivery of the evaluation plan for the HLF-funded Snowdon Aviary project, including key milestones, appropriate reporting and influencing the future evolution of Project activities.
- Be a visitor advocate.
Ideally the successful candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with a confident approach to research and an ability to provide clear and valuable insight
- Good time management skills with an ability to plan, prioritise and manage workload to achieve objectives effectively and efficiently
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office software packages including Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience of working in a consumer insights, analytical or evaluation role ideally in the museum or attraction sector
- Proven experience of designing and conducting qualitative research independently e.g. in depth interviews, focus groups, face-to-face questionnaires
- Prior experience undertaking formative and summative evaluations of products, exhibits and events
- Practical experience of working with cross functional teams to deliver shared objectives and designing the research methods to do so
- Familiarity with research software (for example: Survey Monkey, SurveyGizmo) and experience of analysing raw data outputs
- Experience of working with 3rd parties (e.g. funds, agencies) to understand the implications of objectives and meet those
- An understanding of audience segmentation
- An understanding of the implications of GDPR and data protection regulations for visitor research
- An understanding of the visitor attraction and charity sectors and developments within those
Please note: This is a full-time, permanent position based at ZSL London Zoo in Regents Park. This role may include some travel to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo where a project requires.
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 10th March 2019.
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
No agencies please.
More searches like this
- Marketing Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Operations & Service Delivery Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Business Development & Commercial Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- PR & Communications Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Digital Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)