Job Title: Finance Director
Salary: up to £120k
We are working on behalf of an independent charity seeking to appoint a Finance Director to work in partnership with the Chief Executive and the Executive team, to provide effective strategic leadership across the organisation and contribute to the development and implementation of the organisations’ strategic plans.
This is an exciting time to be joining this small, but complex charity, as it embarks on a period of transformation.
In the role you will provide leadership of the Finance team, including Company Secretary responsibilities as well as delivering consistent, high quality, customer focused finance services and advice to the Chief Executive and Board of Trustees on key financial matters.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant and current member of a recognised professional accountancy body (e.g. ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA or CIMA). The successful individual will also demonstrate:
- Significant experience in a senior financial management role (Finance Director) within the private sector and more recently in the not for profit (charity) sector.
- Ability to think and act strategically and to articulate a clear sense of direction and vision to a wide audience in order to translate ideas into tangible positive results.
- Proven experience of preparing and presenting financial and management accounts, reports and data.
- Proven track record in budget preparation, setting and monitoring and financial forecasting.
- Experience of identifying sound investment opportunities and recommending investment solutions for agreement by the board.
- Experience of monitoring and managing the Charity’s investments and recommending appropriate action to the board.
- Experience of effective business planning to ensure the delivery of organisational initiatives.
- Experience of managing and implementing a finance system, from design to deployment.
- Experience of successfully leading, managing, coaching and developing teams.
- Experience of building and maintain effective relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Ambassadorial skills, passion and commitment and the ability to make the case for support for the charity.
We are seeking an individual with gravitas who is also a strong and personable leader with excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively engage with a wide range of audiences.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to succeed in a role like this, we very much look forward to hearing from you.
Please submit your CV with a supporting statement to Jill Livingstone, email@example.com quoting our reference JO1635.
Closing date for applications: 17 March 2019
Interview date: 4 and 5 April 2019